Battery Storage Mode

Reaction score
I left three batteries in the multi charger unit in Storage Mode for six months over the winter while I wasn't using the drone. I changed it yesterday to full charge mode, as I need to do a job, but after a day, all three are totally dead. I was wondering if anybody had an idea of how long it takes to charge up the battery after being in storage for so long?

I left three batteries in the multi charger unit in Storage Mode for six months over the winter while I wasn't using the drone. I changed it yesterday to full charge mode, as I need to do a job, but after a day, all three are totally dead. I was wondering if anybody had an idea of how long it takes to charge up the battery after being in storage for so long?
They probably wont after that time,check voltage on batt terminal with multimeter,,if below 3 or 2 volt the charger wont charge them,,,storage mode is stupid because the always discharge themselves,,if in storage you should keep eyes on the battery lights and always keep at least 1/4 yo half charge so this dont happen,multiple batterys have died this way so you not alone,,unsure what to advise with dismantling them ,same as hybination mode some never wake up and these things not cheap to replace..

I never had no flash chargers as such but even though my p3 was parked up I still charged it up so it could run itself down or they turn to custard, even setting discharge time in app is useless cause my experience the discharge anyway,I did have set for 10 days but usually on 3 lights by then anyway around 80 %

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MTO and Capt KO
Dear: I'm sorry to read what you are sharing with us. Smart batteries, to give them that name, should never be completely discharged and kept that way for a very long period of time, since if this happens unfortunately they will not turn on anymore, they are "blocked", it will be impossible to charge them with a dedicated DJI charger. Perhaps as an option it would be to open them carefully and try to charge their cells with a generic charger, skipping the control card of the battery's own charge and monitoring the charge of each of the cells, what I am telling you is somewhat complex, Only if you understand what I am talking about could you do it, if not, you better not do it and take them to an electronic technician if they can help you. There are tutorials on YouTube showing how to recover these batteries when they have charging problems. Hope you can solve your problem. As an experience ... you should always worry about keeping the batteries charged for over 10% or 15% of charge, to avoid damaging the cells that make up the battery. Greetings.

Reactions: MTO
It happened to me as well.
I didn't use one batt for 2 or three months but I periodically checking it that it was filled over 50% (2 lights and one blinking). As I have a habit to cycle between batts that one is resting optimally charged for 2 or 3 months and then put another one to rest. As I have 3 or 4 batts this way they are not all resting for a longer period. And now when I put the 2and1/2 light resting batt into the charger it then shows only one light blinking and after few minutes it went dead. No lights at all. In fact the battery was 3 y old but was in good condition and never failed to work properly. Now I'm confused about the optimal level of batt for storage. As each batt is discharging a little over time would it be better to store it with 3 lights on? And I don't know if the lights indicating the level of batt should be trusted? Is there anybody having such or similar experience?

Screenshot_20210515-220622_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210515-220751_Chrome.jpg

Myself dont trust what dji light tell me,,I charge them up so they can discharge, then I charge them up again,,doin this I've only lost one p4 high capacity battery to leaving it stored,$320 down the toilet so always charged them,,even if some have to be in storage for some reason ,pull it out and give it some life

Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic