Battery size (physically)

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120647

I bought a pair of dummy goggles just incase I ever have an accident with the real ones. Ever curious I dismantled them to see what is sort of inside.
It raises the question, where the heck do DJI hide the battery?
The only space that I think is feasible is ringed in the attached and measures approximately 3.5cm x 2cm x 1.5ish cm.
The same place on the other side has an instrusive LED lens and there is very little space (depth) under the white "front" cover which is, incidentally, a beep beep to remove and fit with the rear head band in place. It might be easier if the head band were removed and the front slpayed a bit but I didn't want to go that far. There appears to be 'plenty' of space in the rear portion of the headband but I see no conductors running to or from it.
So..... has anyone ever opened a pair of these goggles and discovered the whereabouts of the battery?

Attachments

• poss battery location.jpg
    poss battery location.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 510
I bought a pair of dummy goggles just incase I ever have an accident with the real ones. Ever curious I dismantled them to see what is sort of inside.
It raises the question, where the heck do DJI hide the battery?
The only space that I think is feasible is ringed in the attached and measures approximately 3.5cm x 2cm x 1.5ish cm.
The same place on the other side has an instrusive LED lens and there is very little space (depth) under the white "front" cover which is, incidentally, a beep beep to remove and fit with the rear head band in place. It might be easier if the head band were removed and the front slpayed a bit but I didn't want to go that far. There appears to be 'plenty' of space in the rear portion of the headband but I see no conductors running to or from it.
So..... has anyone ever opened a pair of these goggles and discovered the whereabouts of the battery?
this has pictures of the battery so it might help? that is if you mean dji goggles when you said dummy goggles. jk! ;)

Many thanks, yes they are genuine DJI dummy goggles. That has just made me wonder if the batteries are in the screen section rather than the head band.

Attachments

• 3282488-9 c&p 2.png
    3282488-9 c&p 2.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 352
Thank you JoBe, that’s worth a bookmark. You seem to have a lot of them, I’m starting a collection myself. Mostly links from here. Good work.

What are “dummy” goggles?

Basically an empty goggles shell so that shops can display the item without risking the real thing being dropped, broken or stolen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik