Battery Sensor Switch

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom 4 Pro v2 that I received Wednesday. The first time I tried to fly it was difficult, as the DJI Go 4 app kept telling me that the battery was not detected. It took me a little searching to find that there is a switch inside the battery bay that detects the battery. Pressing on the battery I was able to get that error to clear and get the bird in the air.

Since then I have tried and tried, and no matter how I put the battery in, it always starts out with that error, and I always have to go back and press on it some more while watching for the error to go away. Only then, can I take off. When I land, I would guess that about 50% of the time I get the same error again, just from flying vibrations. Thankfully, once started, it doesn't stop the motors if it works its way "loose" from the switch. The battery is always secure, with both latches securely clipped, it just doesn't hit that switch.

I have the DJI battery that came with the bird, and two after-market batteries. All three batteries have the same issue, so it's not a battery issue but an issue with the bird.

Am I going to need to send this off to DJI and wait for months to get a replacement? Should I return to Amazon as defective (there was a note in the packing that said any return was subject to a 20% fee). Is there any way that this is fixable by me (a person who is quite adept at fixing all things, including electronics), or am I going to end up voiding my warranty? Is this a common problem?

Also, I have DJI Care Refresh. If I replace through Amazon, can my refresh be transferred?

Last edited:
Get it replaced sounds nasty accident waiting to happen,,I've not seen the sensor switch but can something be added to make it contact when batt go in otherwise to the shop

I have a new Phantom 4 Pro v2 that I received Wednesday. The first time I tried to fly it was difficult, as the DJI Go 4 app kept telling me that the battery was not detected. It took me a little searching to find that there is a switch inside the battery bay that detects the battery. Pressing on the battery I was able to get that error to clear and get the bird in the air.

Since then I have tried and tried, and no matter how I put the battery in, it always starts out with that error, and I always have to go back and press on it some more while watching for the error to go away. Only then, can I take off. When I land, I would guess that about 50% of the time I get the same error again, just from flying vibrations. Thankfully, once started, it doesn't stop the motors if it works its way "loose" from the switch. The battery is always secure, with both latches securely clipped, it just doesn't hit that switch.

I have the DJI battery that came with the bird, and two after-market batteries. All three batteries have the same issue, so it's not a battery issue but an issue with the bird.

Am I going to need to send this off to DJI and wait for months to get a replacement? Should I return to Amazon as defective (there was a note in the packing that said any return was subject to a 20% fee). Is there any way that this is fixable by me (a person who is quite adept at fixing all things, including electronics), or am I going to end up voiding my warranty? Is this a common problem?

Also, I have DJI Care Refresh. If I replace through Amazon, can my refresh be transferred?

We have posted a lot about this issue and the way we solved it however make sure you are up to date on your firmware on both the battery and drone.

The design flaw as you mention is not on the battery but the Phantom 4 itself , the clip was added to stop people from flying with a loose battery that was not full inserted, the problem was the battery was still loose we have posted this video several times to show how and why this happens.

We always suggest getting the Phantom Wet Suit that will solve that issue and others that the Phantoms are prone to, thus the leg clips getting loose and Props coming off.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the Storm

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I also fly a v2.0 and this error only shows when my battery is loose. I have 4 batteries, but I haven't experienced this. Perhaps your phantom has a faulty sensor? If you are going to exchange it, I suggest you do it through DJI. You will get it back within 2 weeks. As for the DJI Refresh, once you get your new bird, you will have to call DJI to transfer it to your new bird or they will not cover you in the case of a crash.

Should I return to Amazon as defective (there was a note in the packing that said any return was subject to a 20% fee)
It's not subject to a 20% restocking fee if it's damaged and you note it's damaged when returning it.

Contact DJI support and they can move your DJI Care Refresh policy to your replacement drone.

Reactions: PhantomFandom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers