Battery Not Installed

Reaction score
I'm getting the "battery not installed error" with all of my batteries (2). It's been happening off an on for a few months, but now it's even worse and I can't even take off. I just ordered a new battery from B&H and it also has the same error. Is there anything I can do to fix the error?

Does anyone know what it might costs to repair?

I'm getting the "battery not installed error" with all of my batteries (2). It's been happening off an on for a few months, but now it's even worse and I can't even take off. I just ordered a new battery from B&H and it also has the same error. Is there anything I can do to fix the error?

Does anyone know what it might costs to repair?
Do you have a v2 with the battery latched sensor / switch in the battery bay? If so, is there some sort of clear physical issue with the switch? Are your batteries fully inserted? Does the error clear if you press down on the battery?

Reactions: JoBe
Might want to look for debris or a bent pin in the battery compartment reciever. It's happened in the past, sometimes from aftermarket batteries or misalignment. Or dirt

Almost certainly not the battery. Damage to the battery slot, or battery contacts in the drone body. Unlikely that all 3. Batteries would have the same problem.

Only the P4 V2.0 can produce that error. The version 2.0 added a microswitch in the battery compartment to warn of loose batteries which is a known issue with the P4 series. Its definitely not your batteries, its a problem with that microswitch.

I have the P4 2.0. After taping down the microswitch I don't have the error. I could probably rig it so that the switch was always taped down, but then it defeats the purpose of the switch in the first place.
I guess sending it in to DJI is the only solution.

that blody switch, there;s a reason why "witch" is the majority of switch. 2 out of a dozen batts give me this error, a brand new one and a crashy rebuild. only recently, too. Maybe a little thermoforming on the plastic for the latch catch might help.

Battery switch mounted on ultrasonic sensor board . U can jumper it and use it . Sharing pic for reference

Attachments

• IMG_20221001_163721.jpg
    IMG_20221001_163721.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 109

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers