Battery moves inside housing.

Reaction score
Maybe someone already asked about this, but i cant seem to find it.

I have a battery that moves inside its plastic housing. I know housing is made a bit bigger because battery can get bigger on occasions.

It moves few millimeters in all directions. Is this normal?

I think it is normal, mine moves a little bit too, but it shoud be secure when clipped in - check this, if its still moving wenn clipped in dont fly with it

Well, there is no way to check if it is moving inside housing when battery is in AC :)

The battery moves a bit in the housing and thats normal, I think a bit of room for thermal expansion is a good thing. Never slap your battery in and giggle the battery to make sure it is well clipped in.

Mine fits in tight and I have to really give it a firm push all the way in to seat it and it has been that way since new.

I have 3 batteries of which one moves easily in its housing, other moves but not as easy as first, and third moves but very hard...
It is just a little strange to me since P3P batteries are rock solid in their housing.

I have 3 batteries of which one moves easily in its housing, other moves but not as easy as first, and third moves but very hard...
It is just a little strange to me since P3P batteries are rock solid in their housing.
Look at the plug on the battery, it moves! Using a small straight slot screwdriver, move the black plug, until it looks centered in the hole in white plastic housing. Then it will fit nicely.

Not sure what plug, you mean black connector? That connector doesn't move in my batteries, only battery it self inside its housing.

Not sure what plug, you mean black connector? That connector doesn't move in my batteries, only battery it self inside its housing.
I just looked at mine and it's not supposed to move as it's a alignment slot.If you look at the entrance where the battery goes you will see two flat copper spades that fits in that slot.I think it is designed to keep the contacts intact below that slot.
Also if you look farther inside that battery well towards the bottom you will see a guide pin on each side,those are to keep the rear of the battery from jumping up and down and losing contact while flying I bet.
Taking a screwdriver or modifying the battery compartment OR battery is a sure way for a crash in flight in my book.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom