Battery mod for the transmitter?

Reaction score
Hi guys. Brand new P3S owner here. First time poster. I've been lurking on here for about 2 weeks, reading many many threads, so most of my questions have been answered. I only have two 5 minutes flights on my bird so far (it's extremely cold outside this week) and so far all I can say is WOW WOW WOW, this thing is awesome. My previous bird is a tricked out Syma X5SC, so the DJI is a quantum leap for me.

Mods so far are Samsung 7" Tablet on a DJI Inspire bracket kit. ARGtek antenna kit, 100w DJI charger, CF gimbal guard and an aftermarket camera lens cover/camera holder.

Anyways on to what I was thinking. I think I read somewhere that the internal battery in the transmitter was only 2400mah. While I had the Tx apart doing the antenna mod.... it looked like it would be super easy to swap that out with a higher capacity battery. Has anyone ever tried this? I searched on here and didn't really find anything.

For example... this one is a 3500mah....

NL1835 | Nitecore

05-580x580.png

Once my battery needs replacement, my plan is mounting an 18650 battery holder and then I can swap batteries on the fly. Never again would I have to wait on charging the controller.

Ohh... 20 flights? Nice. I didn't know that. That's not too bad really. OK. Perhaps that's why nobody really bothers with this. I guess I should get some more flight time on it before I go and modify things that don't need modifying. LOL. Thank you.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Ohh... 20 flights? Nice. I didn't know that. That's not too bad really. OK. Perhaps that's why nobody really bothers with this. I guess I should get some more flight time on it before I go and modify things that don't need modifying. LOL. Thank you.
Like Mark said, no real need to upgrade it. If it goes bad one day, than you could.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic