Battery Life for Phantom 1

Its been a while but seems like it was under 15 minutes with factory battery with a bigger battery I got close to 20

DJI only made the one but there are batteries slightly bigger that will fit you have to make sure of volts cells etc I went with a multistar 4000 but you have to a enlarge battery opening for that battery door

Reactions: caupwhiting
DJI only made the one but there are batteries slightly bigger that will fit you have to make sure of volts cells etc I went with a multistar 4000 but you have to a enlarge battery opening for that battery door
Thanks. Not sure I want to modify my drone, but I appreciate the info. Was flying mine yesterday when the light started flashing red. Not knowing what this was, I immediately landed. I think it was indicating a low battery. I must have a bad battery because I charged both of them before I left home.

Thanks. Not sure I want to modify my drone, but I appreciate the info. Was flying mine yesterday when the light started flashing red. Not knowing what this was, I immediately landed. I think it was indicating a low battery. I must have a bad battery because I charged both of them before I left home.
You can get slightly bigger ones 3000mah with no modifications at all I just didnt like flight time of my original battery but the battery was not new either when I got it

Your flight time will also depend on how it's loaded. A bare P1 with stock 2200 ma battery can give around 12 minutes. As soon as you put a camera on it, that time will lessen. Add a gimbal, and you are going to have less time. I have 3 P1s. The one with gopro and 3d walkera gimbal gets about 10 minutes with 4000 ma battery as shown above. Enlarging the door opening is no big deal. I always bring my bird down at first sign of red flashing. I'm sure it could fly longer with flashing but I won't push it. Condition of battery, how you fly, and how the battery warning voltage is set all will affect this.

Your flight time will also depend on how it's loaded. A bare P1 with stock 2200 ma battery can give around 12 minutes. As soon as you put a camera on it, that time will lessen. Add a gimbal, and you are going to have less time. I have 3 P1s. The one with gopro and 3d walkera gimbal gets about 10 minutes with 4000 ma battery as shown above. Enlarging the door opening is no big deal. I always bring my bird down at first sign of red flashing. I'm sure it could fly longer with flashing but I won't push it. Condition of battery, how you fly, and how the battery warning voltage is set all will affect this.

This was my fourth flight. I had my gopro mounted, no gimble, and was surprised how short the flight was before the red lights started flashing. I flew it with the gopro one flight before when I lost sight of the drone and turned off the transmitter to activate the return home feature. That flight lasted about 6 minutes according to the gopro recording. I think the battery I used for my last flight is bad. Time to buy another. I don't really want to have to mess with enlarging the door. I saw somewhere that there was a larger door but then I suppose that would still mean enlarging the battery compartment.

Off hand, are you aware of a larger battery (power) with the same dimensions at my DJI battery? Dronsky said some 3000mah batteries would work but wasn’t specific on the manufacturer.

Cheeers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers