Battery Issue? Confused

Reaction score
I’ve owned a P3 Standard for roughly 1 year, and only flown it a handful of times (it’s an extra I use for work). Anyways, when I charged it up to fly his morning, I noticed a prompt that there was a critical battery error in cell 2. I reviewed the cell info, and it doesn’t appear to be damaged or drastically lower than the others. Is this a mistake, or should I look in to it further. Help would be greatly appreciated. Pictures included.

Attachments

• 6C3D5974-8069-4852-9818-6043C698272F.png
    6C3D5974-8069-4852-9818-6043C698272F.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 342
  • 8F90B852-0C30-4C35-BD37-A5CA082A31EC.png
    8F90B852-0C30-4C35-BD37-A5CA082A31EC.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 372
I should also add that cell #2 usually stays within .10V of the others (despite the first picture).

My recommendation.... do what the message states and review it again. That is, take it down to 8% or 5% and then charge it up completely. This will help reset the software that monitors the cells.

Reactions: pyr8cd
My recommendation.... do what the message states and review it again. That is, take it down to 8% or 5% and then charge it up completely. This will help reset the software that monitors the cells.
Yep. Took it down to 0%, and currently recharging. Hopefully this resolves it.

0% is not actually 0% but you should never take a battery down that low. I doubt it will hurt the battery but 8% or 5% is just fine.

EFCD12E2-D2F9-4907-9214-755165270366.png
Okay. Just recharged it, and I’m still getting the same error notification. The AC performs perfectly, but the error has me a bit worried. Are the odds high that it could simply just fall from the sky? As I said, it’s cell #2.

Its a pretty big deviation.. .even cell one has a .04 deviation. Which to me is borderline problematic...i always want to see my lipos within .03 ....especially my heli lipo's....if it were me i wouldnt trust it. And i have never done that discharge process dji says to do...thats crazy . I dont ever take my lipos past 20% u want to try to follow the 80/20 rule.... and even tho it is for the software I just don't see how it's good for the Lipo itself.

Reactions: deltamike
Just flew it from 100% down to 25%. Zero performance issues. I guess I’ll just reserve this battery for close-proximity flights away from people and property. Bummer, the battery only had 5 charges on it.

Bad cell is a warning that it could get worse.If it gets that error while flying it may land where it is instead of falling from the sky so be ready.

I’ve owned a P3 Standard for roughly 1 year, and only flown it a handful of times (it’s an extra I use for work). Anyways, when I charged it up to fly his morning, I noticed a prompt that there was a critical battery error in cell 2. I reviewed the cell info, and it doesn’t appear to be damaged or drastically lower than the others. Is this a mistake, or should I look in to it further. Help would be greatly appreciated. Pictures included.
Battery is screeed, buy a new one before your drone falls out of the sky and kills a kid, they you’ll go to jail and wish you listened to me while big bubba has you bent over

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.