Battery Icon Turned Red @80% And Blinked

Reaction score
Went out for a quick flight on 92% battery, could not get GPS mode to engage though 7-10 satellites (also had problems getting GPS earlier today), flew anyway, approximately 300ft away the battery icon on the began to blink and I could see the P2V starting to slowly descend (in a very bad location). I gunned it for altitude and steered it towards home and luckily it responded. As it was heading my way the battery icon went from red back to green and then back to red. Landed, turned battery on/off and flew another 7+ minutes without issue.

I'm fully updated, no issues with erratic flight.

Anyone else?

myquietwaters said:
Went out for a quick flight on 92% battery, could not get GPS mode to engage though 7-10 satellites (also had problems getting GPS earlier today), flew anyway, approximately 300ft away the battery icon on the began to blink and I could see the P2V starting to slowly descend (in a very bad location). I gunned it for altitude and steered it towards home and luckily it responded. As it was heading my way the battery icon went from red back to green and then back to red. Landed, turned battery on/off and flew another 7+ minutes without issue.

I'm fully updated, no issues with erratic flight.

Anyone else?

I'm one of those that experienced a power failure in flight with 50% battery and the ship dropped like a rock. What mode of flight were you in when you saw this? Was it in hover?

My thought was similar that the vibration or some type or harmonic vibration may make those prongs vibrate in manner that causes intermittent connection. So far most of the power failure type incidents seem to occur in hover which might indicate a similar type of vibration while in hover. The switch might also be an issue.

One thing that does not seem to be correcting the problem so far though are the firmware updates which would point to hardware rather than software.

Check your battery pins and clean your contacts on the ship and on the battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4