Battery false reading

Reaction score
Have any Pilots seen this before?
20190506_105437.jpeg
20190506_105423.jpeg

As can see me been trying to sort this one (no lights) but I let go dead by mistake
1557179046069525711192.jpg

Have any Pilots seen this before?
Have you looked at the detailed data? That would be advisable. You could see this with a cell deviation, but unless it is major and consistent then you do not know. As far as I am concerned screen shots are useless for analysis. Just saying.

Is that a special 3 cell phantom 4 battery or are you in the wrong forum??

There is 150mv cell variation depicted. That is suggestive of an unhealthy pack.

Your suspicion is a false reading why?

Addendum to the above. Your screen shot only shows 3 cell values. The Phantom has 4. This I have not seen before.

This battery was 100% full, went out to fly got the cell warning and was unable to start motors or take off. Messed around with drone and settings until battery was at 94%, went home charged battery for one maybe two minutes or 97%, put battery back in drone and all codes were clear flew drone with no warnings or errors and turn on and off over a half a dozen times... fun times

Oh crap... You're right I'm in the wrong forum... can we please move this to Maivc.. my apologies

Oh crap... You're right I'm in the wrong forum.
An admin will move it for you......However the same logic applies....so one will ask for data to confirm.

This battery was 100% full, went out to fly got the cell warning and was unable to start motors or take off. Messed around with drone and settings until battery was at 94%, went home charged battery for one maybe two minutes or 97%, put battery back in drone and all codes were clear flew drone with no warnings or errors and turn on and off over a half a dozen times... fun times
If you have cells that are showing unbalanced (significant voltage discrepancies) subjecting the pack to a partial charge is not going to help. Leave the pack on the charger until it completes, this will allow the cell balancing to complete. It would be interesting to learn what health percentage and capacity is reported for that pack.

NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES!!! (REPLACING BATTERY)

Reactions: Phill2
Oh... and only 43 Cycles
Probably a good idea. I would fly it in close after a full charge and look at the log if the flight. You could be lucky.

You could have an unserviceable battery after one charge cycle if it was allowed to self discharge far enough. The smart monitoring circuitry goes a long way to maintaining health but it isn’t able to account for all scenarios.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl