Battery discharge rate

Reaction score
I notice that the stock battery for my FC40 has a 20C discharge rate. My 2700 mAh battery has a 35C discharge rate.

I assume the FC40 discharges a battery at 20C or less. Does using a battery with a higher discharge rate affect the performance of the quad or the battery?

I also assume that using a battery with a lower discharge rate can overload the battery and cause it to fail. Is this right?

darwin-t said:
I also assume that using a battery with a lower discharge rate can overload the battery and cause it to fail. Is this right?

Yes, trying to drain a battery at a higher rate than the battery's discharge C-rating can ruin it pretty quickly, but the more immediate effect you would have to worry about is your motors getting inconsistent and/or inadequate power...and I'm sure you can picture the disaster that could be.

Running a 20C-rated battery as small as 2200mAh should be fine, the Phantom draws comfortably less than even the 44Amps a batt like that would cap you at.

To answer your other question, flying with a battery rated much higher than you need won't affect the performance of the quad in any way beyond the weight penality that higher-C batteries bring.

darwin-t said:
I notice that the stock battery for my FC40 has a 20C discharge rate. My 2700 mAh battery has a 35C discharge rate.

I assume the FC40 discharges a battery at 20C or less. Does using a battery with a higher discharge rate affect the performance of the quad or the battery?

If you not fly agressive mode :) it doesn't matter if the battery is 20C, 30C, 40C, etc. as mor C-rating as more responsive power when fast moves.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj