Battery cycles???

I can't see storage in a dark place as providing any benefit (I suspect it is of no relavence), I'm curious about that now. Are you able to shed some light on this?
There was a plausible reason attached to that advice but I can't recall it at the moment or where I saw the info. I will post when I can track down the original source.

Sounds like web-lore or an extrapolation from the recommendation of avoiding storage in direct sunlight (heat).

There's no photo-reactive component to these cells/batts.

Whaaaaat? For the cost of my phantom I expect a longer lifetime than that

I imagine that's the life of the motors. The electronics should work indefinitely or at least for the foreseeable future. The motors however are a different story and perhaps the gimbal as well. The moving parts are going to wear out but a set of p3 motors are like $50 for a set of 4 on eBay. By the time you need them the p4 motors will be about that much. I wouldn't worry to much. It'll probably crash before it wears out. Lol

Reactions: DocDiggler
Depends on bearing quality.
I have over 700 hours on my 450 CP-heli motor so far.

I did some checking on cell voltage Vs app reported % charge left which I posted in another thread. 1% begins at 3.62v and ends at 3.59v, 10% being 3.68 where the AC will want to land NOW. That's pretty conservative if you ask me, with general LiPO recommendations stated not to go below 3.4 or 3.2v, definitely not lower than 3.00v. DJI keeps them way above that under normal operation, even from full charge to critical battery landing.

I did some checking on cell voltage Vs app reported % charge left which I posted in another thread. 1% begins at 3.62v and ends at 3.59v, 10% being 3.68 where the AC will want to land NOW. That's pretty conservative if you ask me, with general LiPO recommendations stated not to go below 3.4 or 3.2v, definitely not lower than 3.00v. DJI keeps them way above that under normal operation, even from full charge to critical battery landing.
What's interesting is with the P3P, 3.6V shows around 40% battery reserve in the Go app, and this is when the the craft firmware throttles down the top RPM of the motors to conserve battery and prevent sudden voltage drops with too much throttle. Also at 3.6V the battery voltage numbers in the app change from a GREEN font color to an ORANGE font, signalling you get closer to home. This was a fix in firmware 1.6 that prevented sudden power shutdown, in mid-air :eek: in firmware 1.5, which was quickly replace in about 2wks. I believe these sudden power shutdown scenarios in P3P were primary reported from cold regions, and the battery was too cold to perform properly. Apparently at 3.3V the battery will turn off, regardless, to save the health of the battery, and in very cold weather with sudden full throttle, sometimes this mid-air shutdown was happening about 18mos ago when running 1.5 firmware.

Last edited:
My tests showed 3.6v at 1% with latest firmware. 10% was 3.68%.
Indeed it does change from green to yellow for the cell voltage when below 3.60v.
A test a couple months ago did not shut off at 3.00v or even 2.98v. Granted this was not under load (no motors) but then it won't start the motors when below 10%.

My tests showed 3.6v at 1% with latest firmware. 10% was 3.68%.
Indeed it does change from green to yellow for the cell voltage when below 3.60v.
A test a couple months ago did not shut off at 3.00v or even 2.98v. Granted this was not under load (no motors) but then it won't start the motors when below 10%.
Is this with P3 or P4?

That might explain our differences then. I'm on 1.10 which means battery is 1.8 I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga