Battery Charging Question

Reaction score
I have two batteries and they react differently when I charge them. The battery in question will not begin to charge unless I press the on/off button then it begins a normal charge cycle. However the charger pack seems hotter than when charging the other battery. I bought both batteries at the same time and both show 80-90% life remaining. Any ideas?

Does that happen when you recharge the battery after flying or only when the battery is almost fully charged?

Does that happen when you recharge the battery after flying or only when the battery is almost fully charged?
Happens after flying and the battery is drained. I must also add that this hasn't always occurred, just within the last few charges I have notice it.

That's definitely not normal. If it's less than 6 months old, you could contact DJI support and get it replaced under warranty.

Happens after flying and the battery is drained. I must also add that this hasn't always occurred, just within the last few charges I have notice it.

How long after flying are you charging it? You may need to wait 20 or 30 minutes before charging in order for the battery to completely cool down. I'm guessing if you ever updated the firmware in the Phantom that you did this with both batteries installed?

There are all indications that electronic logic circuit of the battery is not working correctly.

What's the FW of your aircraft?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

UPDATE- I read somewhere to drain the battery to 8% and then attempt to charge the battery. This worked as the battery began to charge normally. Draining the battery 8% or less must somehow reset it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31