Battery charging issue

Reaction score
Anyone having issues charging a battery right after a flight? Mine won't charge until it has cooled down for 45 minutes!! I get a single light blinking on the battery, but at the opposite end of the scale, the LED closest to the on/off switch. Soooooo frustrating!!

Is it a dud?

On my P2 I can finish a flight and put it right back on the charger, no delay

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Shooter
It needs to cool down.
Please search the forum for the many topics covering this.

Can we get a sticky for all these repeated questions ? Would solve alot of these useless threads.

Reactions: Fplvert and Kman
As mentioned above the battery is designed not to enter into its charging mode if its hot, you will have to cool it down for atleast 15-30 minutes.

But there is a simple solution you can do to force your battery to enter into its charging mode eventhough its too hot, only do this if you are in a situation that you need to charge your battery after flight or you might think your battery is damaged, i dont recommend doing this continously cause it might damage your battery.

Force Enter Battery to Charging Mode

(works with any DJI Smart Battery including Phantom 3)

1st: make sure all your battery LEDs are off

2nd: plug your charging cable to your wall outlet

3rd: turn on your battery by pressing once and press again and hold for 2 seconds(your LEDs should lit up)

4th: once you do the 3rd step correctly immediately plug in your charging lead to your battery and wait 2-3seconds.

If you do the steps above correctly your battery should force enter into its charging mode doings its normal sequence of LEDs while charging

Can we get a sticky for all these repeated questions ? Would solve alot of these useless threads.

For all of us, rather newcomers, still waiting on our very first Phantom 3 Pro', non of the questions are useless, as they help us kill some time in reading, waiting on the dreaded drone delivery... Plus it helps the unconscious memory, consciously remember... ;-)

Someone already mentioned putting a fan on the warm battery.
Someone else said he sticks his in the refrigerator for twenty minutes and she's good to go, on the charger...

Having one battery that requires a 45 minute cool down, between flights? Yeah, ah well, that just isn't going to cut it...
For many, anyway.

RedHotPoker

Yea, many cannot accept the proper LiPo care and useage guidelines.

Yet they'll be the first to complain about declining battery life and flight times.

It seems these are either LiHV (4S @ 15.2vdc) or 'traditional' (4S @ 14.8vdc) cells being charged to the limits so to get the higher performance it may require additional safeguards.

**** batteries are to expensive to take shortcuts with the charging and possibly shorten or even destroy the thing. At $150 a pop and you get 3 or 4 you want them to last as long as possible. So I am flying twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon, with room temp cool down in between, I am not in a hurry, and for the amount invested I want them to last. Some of you might have money to burn, I sure don't. Although I did order the 100 watt charger with my new batteries :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20