Battery Charger HOT! (P4P)

Reaction score
I just received a new Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian and I got a 3 battery charging hub with it and I have it plugged in with three batteries in the hub charging.

They seem the be charging correctly, but the charger in the cord is hot.

If it gets much hotter, I would not be able to hold it in my hand. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1522554773.313070.jpg
    IMG_1522554773.313070.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 253
I would say it is normal, mine gets pretty warm as well, especially if you are charging flight batteries and the controller battery concurrently. Because of this, I try not to charge flight batteries and the controller at the same time, but if you have to, you have to. I try to set the brick so that it gets maximum exposure area to the air (set it on the narrow edge) and turn on the ceiling fan above my table. Do what you can to help keep it cooler.

Ditto everything Riley Lake says. My charger literature recommends don’t charge controller along with batteries but I get away with it by turning charger on edge (so far).

I also have a similar charger for both the batteries and the RC that I got in the bundle deal, however I don't recall it actually getting hot, but only on the warm side. I'll double check today after I fly and report back, as getting on the warm side is normal, but
I wouldn't expect it to flat out get hot.

I just got back and am charging my P4P components, and the only thing that is getting warm is the in-line transformer brick.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20