Batteries

Reaction score
I've heard people remove batteries before transporting their drones, is this a must or is it just individual preferences? I'm not taking about overseas just general moving about.

If it is a must can anyone explain the reason.
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

DJI ships drones with batteries installed, so it's certainly not a must-do item.

I'm pretty sure DJI ship the batteries unclicked, so they are not actually fully inserted - certainly thats how mine came.
The two reasons I keep batteries out of the quads are.
1. The battery contacts sit against sprung copper contacts on the Phantom 2/3 and some others, leaving the battery in holds the springs closed so they will give over time and risk a bad connection.
2. If battery is in the quad should be treated as live, if something knocks the button in transit it will risk damage to camera/quad.

I'm sure a lot of people do risky things and get away with it, so I guess the question is more why wouldn't you remove the battery - if you have a good reason not to and are happy to take a chance then fine.

Reactions: Falcon900
I'm pretty sure DJI ship the batteries unclicked, so they are not actually fully inserted - certainly thats how mine came.
The two reasons I keep batteries out of the quads are.
1. The battery contacts sit against sprung copper contacts on the Phantom 2/3 and some others, leaving the battery in holds the springs closed so they will give over time and risk a bad connection.
2. If battery is in the quad should be treated as live, if something knocks the button in transit it will risk damage to camera/quad.

I'm sure a lot of people do risky things and get away with it, so I guess the question is more why wouldn't you remove the battery - if you have a good reason not to and are happy to take a chance then fine.
Springs wear out via use. Compressing a spring and leaving it in that state does not wear it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl