Batteries

Reaction score
I have two questions regarding batteries.
If I go for a short flight and come back with around 75 percent charge then want to fly again later that day, should I bring that battery back to a full charge first.
I was also wondering if it is ok to leave a battery in the drone if it isn't flown for a couple of days. Thanks all.

Most like to take battery out if not use,,I don't bother ,its in ready to go anytime without searching for nothing,,yip 75% charge back to full or you can get odd errors about the smart battery predicting when it time to land,mayby not when you want it,,to me each take off flight is 100%,I'm also sure some get 3 to 4 flights per battery but depends on what you doing,I just say this cause few have had issues where something happens after launching with less charge ,,

Reactions: Terrycross
I always take off with a full battery, so if you have a chance to top it off, I would do so. As to storage, I never store any batteries with the AC. Heaven forbid a battery goes bad and swells up preventing me from removing it from the AC. Even worse, overheat and damge the AC. All batteries go back into an airtight metal tool box until they are needed.

Probably a large variety of battery habits.
I won’t leave a battery in the phantom after a flight because of the heat.
Cold battery? I leave them in the ac all the time. Probably won’t matter where they are if they want to light up, your going to end up calling your insurance guy anyway.

I do always remove the battery directly after a flight for cooling but When I pack everything away I have been putting a cool battery in the ac. I need to get a separate storage case for only batteries. 10 batteries now. Have to get another drone to share the batteries.
I will be sure to top up to 100 percent before leaving the ground.
AAA516AC-03C2-422A-9795-05846B144283.jpeg

Terry, getting another drone to share all your batteries with. Now that’s a thanksgiving thought! I have 9 for my p3s.

Probably a large variety of battery habits.
I won’t leave a battery in the phantom after a flight because of the heat.
Cold battery? I leave them in the ac all the time. Probably won’t matter where they are if they want to light up, your going to end up calling your insurance guy anyway.
If mine happen to "light up" I won't need to call anybody. They are secured in a metal box.

On a side note, Your is the second person possessive adjective, used to describe something as belonging to you. Your is always followed by a noun or gerund. You're is the contraction of "you are" and is often followed by the present participle (verb form ending in -ing).

I wonder why it's so hard for people to get this right.

I don’t carry metal boxes, sorry.
And I’ll correct the above.
Please let me know if it’s satisfactory.
No need to apologize! It's become so common I seriously have to wonder!! I transport my batteries in the drone or in the case. My metal box is for storage only. I travel a lot and the thought of one catching fire while I'm not home was keeping me up at night.

Reactions: Starz
If mine happen to "light up" I won't need to call anybody. They are secured in a metal box.

On a side note, Your is the second person possessive adjective, used to describe something as belonging to you. Your is always followed by a noun or gerund. You're is the contraction of "you are" and is often followed by the present participle (verb form ending in -ing).

I wonder why it's so hard for people to get this right.
wow. your awesome for giving us the lesson.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic