Batteries

Reaction score
How long will batteries last. I have charged them about 20 times and I curious how many charging the batteries will take?

I have 2 batteries with 55 charges and 87% battery life left

This tends to agree with figures found by myself and others I correspond with. We have been trying to nail down this life factor as DJI cannot even answer it themselves without one Tech contradicting another !! I have a number of emails from them that all say different.

What we have found by our own testing and observation - that each cycle increment of 1 is not necessarily 1 charge. We have observed 2 or 3 charges create an increment of 1.
This led us to conclusion that expected CYCLE life of the batterys in terms of actual charges should be over 500.
DJI quote 200 cycles ... but note previous lines saying that each DJI Cycle is not always 1 charge cycle.

There is also confusion from DJI Tech's as to what happens when Cycle says 200 in App. One says model will not fly. Another says they removed that limit from model .... another doesn't even stay on subject in his answer !
So my thoughts are that I will stay with Litchi and most likely fly well beyond the 200 !! I hope !!

Lets be honest - even 500 charge cycles life is crap !!

Nigel

I noticed that too about charging times and actual charge cycles that appear.
I don't always run every flight to low battery level.
I just checked my 2 batteries. One is 55 cycles and 87% life and the other is 56 cycles and 86%.
I wonder if the life expectancy is just relevant to the number of cycles charged and not necessarily based on actual health of the battery.
I have major variations in one cell so it's life may be shorter than expected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesmith1016