Batteries

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to this forum first post,I have 3 batteries one of which whilst in the p4 comes up with a warning, cell broken is it still ok to fly or not is it just a case of the three cells working instead of the four?any help greatly appreciated thx lee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Batteries are cheap relative to the cost of your P4....don't fly with it.

(Some people say they've 'restored" the battery by running it down to 8%, and then fully charging a couple of times...you could give it a try. But if you still get the warning, there's no way you should think of using it).

Reactions: hunts777
You should not fly your drone using batteries that have repetitive major deviations. Here's a guideline from Healthydrones.com

upload_2017-2-7_15-9-57.png

New phantom 4 with 3 battery's
All charged to full
Two worked
One will light up showing full charge but will not
light up drone
Is this a common thing?

There have been reports of batts not taking a charge out of the box. Given you clearly know how to power the battery on (2 out of three) I would return it as DOA.

New phantom 4 with 3 battery's
All charged to full
Two worked
One will light up showing full charge but will not
light up drone
Is this a common thing?
Most all of the battery DOAs I've heard of won't light up the LED's to report full charge. Usually NO LEDs will light up and the battery won't take a charge. Your battery sounds like an exception. It sounds more like a connector problem. Have you inspected the connector and compared it to the other batteries to insure the contacts are "intact". It seems unlikely the connector is damaged, but it's unusual the battery made a connection to get charged 100%, yet it cannot make connection to the drone to start up. Definitely sounds like a defective battery if the other two batteries work OK.

This isn't common what you're describing, but in general DOA batteries have been reported, not uncommon. You should return the battery to where you bought it and see if they'll swap it out.

Most all of the battery DOAs I've heard of won't light up the LED's to report full charge. Usually NO LEDs will light up and the battery won't take a charge. Your battery sounds like an exception. It sounds more like a connector problem. Have you inspected the connector and compared it to the other batteries to insure the contacts are "intact". It seems unlikely the connector is damaged, but it's unusual the battery made a connection to get charged 100%, yet it cannot make connection to the drone to start up. Definitely sounds like a defective battery if the other two batteries work OK.

This isn't common what you're describing, but in general DOA batteries have been reported, not uncommon. You should return the battery to where you bought it and see if they'll swap it out.
If it's DOA don't give the retailer wriggle room, demand a replacement or refund. They often try to flick to off to the manufacturer or wait for warranty assessment. Don't let them.

Bought it from an outfit called Yita motors in Bellevue WA
They don't have a phone ,want you to email them only answer Email
once a day.
asked for picture. sent them
Real run around Bought it threw EBay
so might have raise hell there. My advise if asked would be to avoid this out fit.
Unless you can read and speak Chinese

Bought it from an outfit called Yita motors in Bellevue WA
They don't have a phone ,want you to email them only answer Email
once a day.
asked for picture. sent them
Real run around Bought it threw EBay
so might have raise hell there. My advise if asked would be to avoid this out fit.
Unless you can read and speak Chinese

Since they are a certified DJI dealer, might contact DJI support and see what they say!!

finally received replacement battery
about a month.
Next purchase Best buys or some one that I can walk in with
demand exchange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials