Batteries are toast?

E_T

Reaction score
Unfortunately, after my first flight in over year, I discovered that two of my three batteries are puffy. I can press the side in, and they are squishy. The other battery feels solid.

So...I'm assuming I should just trash them and not risk problems. Also, how do I dispose of them? Shouldn't just throw in the trash, right?

Hardware stores like Lowes and Home Depot have battery disposal bins in them where contractors take their old batteries. I take my old ni-cads there too. Your local city or county disposal yard may have some hazmat barrels for batteries too.

I have an awful Samsung S6 phone where it needs a battery case to keep it running throughout the day due to its poor battery life due to problem software like GO 4 auto-launching itself at times calling home to China or wherever, etc. The thin battery case (Mophie) has a Li-Po built into it and it swelled up and pushed the phone out of the case. Took me a while to figure out why the phone wouldn't stay in the case after just 15 months of ownership, but the battery bulge told all.

Thanks, I will try the local Lowes. Sucks to have to trash them, but probably the safest thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl