The media portrays and unfair representation of drones in general

• Total voters
Reaction score
Does any one else think that the media are giving unfair press about drones in general for hitting planes to blinding people. It would be nice to see some of the many positive things that drones do in the media for once, don't you think?

Make sure to cast your vote above so we can see what the general consensus is.

Last edited:
Thats media's job, I don't care and burn my blood.

Reactions: garykeithmead1
Fair enough but don't you think that the drone flying comunity deserves a better public opinion as they do great things?

If drone flying community has few careless misguided people or few who get swayed by their endless wishes and dreams forgetting their responsibilities to the society, media will definitely take advantage of it, as they need spices.

Reactions: PHANTOMUSER
Drone's are a popular word in the media and general population, just like hacking, guns, etc.. All it takes is one thing and there goes the media train. Like alokbhargava says, it just takes one idiot to get a bad rap. Its not unlike a lot of other things in society, one bad incident and the government wants to regulate it. Example, remember Lawn darts, they had a metal pointed end that you would throw into a hoop on the lawn as a target. Some idiot used it as a weapon and the government decided to ban them, now they are illegal in the USA.

Does any one else think that the media are giving unfair press about drones in general...
My guess is that nearly every drone pilot thinks that the media is unfair with its coverage of drones. Its basically a given at this point.

Especially in the last decade, the media has become mostly about negativity and against any pursuit of happiness regardless of legalities.

They, along with today's world, are all about emotion over logic or fact. If it's in print it has to be true regardless of the media used, ie internet, tv, news, etc.

Reactions: terrylowe
Especially in the last decade, the media has become mostly about negativity and against any pursuit of happiness regardless of legalities.

They, along with today's world, are all about emotion over logic or fact. If it's in print it has to be true regardless of the media used, ie internet, tv, news, etc.

You mean to tell me, everything on the internet isn't true! What!
Sad that people actually think this.

You said it perfectly!

RC helicopters and planes have been available for many many years, do you ever see a scare story about those in the papers? No! It's new tech so the backwards media likes to demonise them. The word 'drone' is also synonymous with various weapons of war .... but then again so is helicopter, it just isn't as new.

I just tell people mine isn't a drone, it's a quadcopter. Sounds way cooler and more friendly.

Stupid society has also banned hoverboards.

You mean to tell me, everything on the internet isn't true! What!
Sad that people actually think this.
I kow, I too was led down the primrose path until I saw a warning/quote from Thomas Jefferson to not believe everything on the interweb..........lol

As a few on here know I sent my 3rd P3P back because of focus issues and I ended up getting a full refund. I was going to buy the P4 but the longer I wait I get more doubts of if to bother at all. The reason is that I'm worried that if I go out flying the public will harass me and have a go at me because of what the media has put into their heads. I'm also worried that they will be banned from most places leaving me with a £1200 brick.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

One thing the media has people believing is that they are "Fair and unbiased"... Complete B.S. The media is run by people who by our vary nature are biased. Then they have sponsors to answer to. So they are biased because they can't anger their sponsors.

And of course its about sensationalism. If it isn't sensational, its not news.

What I detest most are the commercials showing threatening swarms of drones. They just aren't funny.

One thing I do find strange is that Apple have jumped on the exclusivity train for the Phantom 4. Surely they wouldn't want to be associated with the bad press of the "drone revolution " !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic