Bad Lipo ?

Reaction score
I purchased a new battery to power 2 strobes, and the battery looks scary to me. It's all swollen on one end... the cells (3) look ok through the shrinkwrap. It's just on the end where the wires come out... I left a message at retailer who has not returned my call. Is the battery ok or should I return it as defective... Thank you....

20161102_113701.jpg

They are tiny little cells with a (comparatively large) board on the end to connect the balance tap and main supply leads.

Measure the IR and charge it to get a feel for health.

Looks like a bit in the cheap and nasty side but should be ok.

Reactions: lil boss
They are tiny little cells with a (comparatively large) board on the end to connect the balance tap and main supply leads.

Measure the IR and charge it to get a feel for health.

Looks like a bit in the cheap and nasty side but should be ok.

Thanks for the info. I certainly appreciate it. If I may ask another question... What would be a good quality battery to look for. Honestly I purchased this one because it was white, and would more or less blend in with the white Phantom. If I have to get a different battery no worries.. I want a good one. Thanks again for your comments.

This may be a good battery... its not going to effect your flight performance, I would fly with it and see how you go.
Will do... the connectors I ordered from Amazon showed up this afternoon. As soon as I have some food to calm my screaming hunger pains I'll hook up the battery. That will finish the strobe project. Can we do videos here or do I have to upload to a site somewhere and direct you to it ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik