Bad Idea? Buying Phatom 3 Advanced WITHOUT A Camera (and using mine)?

Reaction score
Is it a bad idea to try and save a few $$$ and buy a replacement phantom 3 advanced WITHOUT a camera, and then use the camera from my P3A in it???

My P3A took a pretty hard crash. Since then, I have had intermittent issues where the RC would lose the connection with the AC, either immediately or after a few minutes. But it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it flies fine, other times it won't connect are it loses connection right away.

So I was thinking of buying a P3A body without the camera for around $250 and then using my camera on the body.

Is that a bad idea? Is it easy to put the camera from my P3A on to another P3A? Any thoughts on why someone would be selling a P3A without the camera in the first place???

BONUS QUESTION:

Why do some P3A have RED decals instead of gold decals? At least, on craigslist, I have seen a few P3's that have the badge that says Advanced, but they have the red decals, which I thought came on the P3 Standard. Were there some P3A's that had red decals on them?

Both use the same camera so it's an ideal situation. Just make sure the ribbon cable is seated correctly.

As for the decals you get a sticker set includes so I'm guessing they just have just liked the colours and swapped them over [emoji6]

Reactions: Just Mark
Both use the same camera so it's an ideal situation. Just make sure the ribbon cable is seated correctly.

As for the decals you get a sticker set includes so I'm guessing they just have just liked the colours and swapped them over [emoji6]
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers