Bad Gimbal? Or motor?

Reaction score
Hello,
My phantom 3 camera seems to work just fine, however when it needs to move vertically either up or down it glitches and jumps before moving. When the drone is off it moves freely with no issues at all, and shows no signs of damage. Has anyone experienced this before?

It will "bounce" while recording vertically and also when moving camera up or down will glitch while doing this. Makes it near impossible to shoot video but can still get photos.

Thanks a ton for the help!

Motors are in general very reliable, check ribbon cable connection or mechanicals around.

Ok will check on the connections when I get home today. Haven't taken this apart before, any recommended videos for disassembly and validation?

Ok so I completely redid the ribbon cable on my drone, after reassembING I am getting the Carmela wildly moving from side to side and up to down. What causes this?

Ok so I completely redid the ribbon cable on my drone, after reassembING I am getting the Carmela wildly moving from side to side and up to down. What causes this?
After replacing my own ribbon cable, I had the same issue.
For me, the problem was that when I did the reassembly, I accidentally installed the camera onto the pitch motor shaft, with the pitch motor shaft 180° off.
"I think" that the flat side of the pitch motor shaft should face to the rear.

I got the jerky vertical because my camera was getting caught on the ribbon. Crazy movement is most likely the spindle 180 out as the previous poster said. Flat faces the board
6fa4624b8033c05cfddd607ef550f778.jpg

So I was able to fix the crazy gimbal but now have this bouncing. I checked the ribbon cable and it is not touching. Any thoughts?

I also do imu calibration and then tried gimbal calibration and it failed (gimbal)

Turned out to be a faulty ESC chip for the pitch motor. I had already replaced the motor itself thinking that was causing the problem but alas it was the chip (had a spare laying around and figured I'd try swapping it).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94