Bad Battery vs Update??

Reaction score
New Dji battery from Best buy. Now has 3 charges on it, one of which was from the factory. I bought and used it right away seeing it said bad cell damaged battery. I didnt take concern since Ive seen that on two prior batteries and after update they stopped displaying any error. Problem is Ive now had the battery past the best buy 30 day return policy completely forgetting about this new battery I got. Is there a positive way other than sd card firmware update to attempt a battery update? Ive done what I can see is supposed to work with putting only zip of update on card, placing bad battery in bird, turning on and lights are supposed to change to alternating red green until complete. Well I never get that. I tap power and hold and it takes 3-4 attemps for bird to fire up. Sometimes it flashes red and just powers down and button hold has to be done to get it back on. The one complete time I flew on it the battery depeleted normally with no issues other than displaying bad battery. Now that Ive tried multiple times to get the firmware to the battery Im honestly thinking I got a brand new bad battery. I know alot of this sounds obvious but new batteries do come with false warnings until the updates are complete..time just got away from me and I havent flown in a while. Afraid best buy wont take it back and I dont know DJIs say on it yet. Just hoping there is a work around someone knows. Right now my errors are "Battery Damaged" on home screen and Overall Status is "Battery Cell broken" and "Stop using battery and return to factory for repair", Hoping its an update fix. Any help appreciated.

Is there a positive way other than sd card firmware update to attempt a battery update?
No.

Afraid best buy wont take it back and I dont know DJIs say on it yet.
Best Buy would be the easiest route to take if they'll still replace it. If not, contact DJI support. The battery has a 6-month warranty, so they should replace it for free.

Ive done what I can see is supposed to work with putting only zip of update on card, placing bad battery in bird, turning on and lights are supposed to change to alternating red green until complete. Well I never get that. I tap power and hold and it takes 3-4 attemps for bird to fire up. Sometimes it flashes red and just powers down and button hold has to be done to get it back on.

Make sure you open the zip file and extract the .bin file inside out, then copy THAT file to your sdcard.

Reactions: Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair