Backyard sunset photos

Reaction score
We get some nice sunsets with the Rockies as a backdrop. Thought I'd share and will keep updating as I get more.

another.jpg

17097327_10208751524720630_7324671778611931683_o.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great photo man, I always have problems with sunset/sunrise shots. I ordered a set of filters last night for my P3A in hopes of correcting it to some extent, we get some great ones out here at work with the Guadalupe Mountains as a back drop over the desert but I've never been able to capture it like that.

20170814_104833.jpg
Bumer was about to go up and get this double rainbow that just appear ,raining hard so had to hold my drone instead :(

Reactions: Robert P
Hi yip just p4s as i couldent fly at moon i couldent see,,yes have been thinking about filters,not sure what to get,,very green in that area,few sorts on ebay but unsure,i have bit of sun glare to like some sort of uv be good

Hi yip just p4s as i couldent fly at moon i couldent see,,yes have been thinking about filters,not sure what to get,,very green in that area,few sorts on ebay but unsure,i have bit of sun glare to like some sort of uv be good
The standard filter supplied is UV. Glare can be reduced by fitting a hood (weight and aerodynamics can be an issue for the gimble though). ND's are good for getting your shutter speed down to close to twice frame rate for video, ND grads are helpful in balancing sky and foreground, polarisers are problematic as the effect changes dramatically with angle to sun and large expanses of sky can show greatly varying colour (looks very unnatural in most cases).

The standard filter supplied is UV. Glare can be reduced by fitting a hood (weight and aerodynamics can be an issue for the gimble though). ND's are good for getting your shutter speed down to close to twice frame rate for video, ND grads are helpful in balancing sky and foreground, polarisers are problematic as the effect changes dramatically with angle to sun and large expanses of sky can show greatly varying colour (looks very unnatural in most cases).
Choice thank you i shall order some NDs :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.