backpacks

Reaction score
Hi.
Looking for experiences with backpacks. £100 seems a bit expensive for one, are they worth it?
Has anyone tried the cheap ones from ebay, are they any good? If so which one?
Thanks.

The £100 backpack is very well made and extremely comfortable to wear, i purchased one last year for my old vision+ but sold that with the quad. This year i brought the V3 along with the backpack again and it was good to see that it has been updated for the better, the case now has a nice x type strap that prevents the props from slipping out of the compartment which was the only small problem with the old case, i had to cut a piece of sponge to fit on top of the props with my old case to prevent this but the new strapping solves this issue. The new case also has a carbon effect outer shell compared to plain black previously.
Well worth the money in my opinion, everything fits in perfectly. :D

This was my previous case with my old pv2+ v2.

2dj5em1.jpg

My new backpack with v3.

2vajqmu.jpg

I think those are made of cheaper material though and not so sturdy with a softer top.

Hi,

I bought this one on Ebay but I got it from a US dealer because I needed something that had less shipping time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backpack-Carryi ... 3f4044d321

I doubt you can find a nicer backpack for the money or even many that cost more. Well constructed and has four battery slots. It has a second zippered compartment for small parts, props, etc.
Quality zippers and material. I like the way the shoulder straps are comfortable and easy to adjust. Side pouch can also hold small parts, props, etc.

Great value for a darn nice backpack. Check it out.

Regards

I bought one like above but it did not have the support foam around the motors and I needed to modify it a little by cutting out some of the foam. It was easy and kind of fun. Ran me $41 (US) with free shipping. Well worth it.

I had a backpack arrive yesterday from Hobby King: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

Quality seems great for the money. The foam was east to cut out to accommodate my neck balancer and monitor mount. Enough room for 2 batteries in each of the 4 deep holes and my Black Pearl monitor fits above the controller.

Foam is really tight around the arms of the quad which I'm a bit worried is going to come apart through usage. I'm pretty careful with my kit though so hopefully I can get it to loosed up over time and stay in one piece!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426809409.028213.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426809409.028213.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 282
:D
Sometimes you get what you pay for. If you're in this expensive hobby long term, you should consider quality over cost.

I take my Phantom on Planes, trains, automobiles, hikes, bikes, ect.

GPC are the Cadillac of cases.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 345
:D
Sometimes you get what you pay for. If you're in this expensive hobby long term, you should consider quality over cost.

I take my Phantom on Planes, trains, automobiles, hikes, bikes, ect.

GPC are the Cadillac of cases.

I think the backpack I listed is every bit as nice as any of the so called Cadillac cases. Believe me I think I looked at least at a hundred different ones before I finally found a case that met my storage needs. I work for an airline so we probably travel more than most people here do. So far it still looks and works like the day I received it. Nothing gets damaged. My needs were not met with any of the GPC cases, just not enough room. Price isn't any guarantee for quality. I think you are totally wrong with that opinion.

I think the backpack I listed is every bit as nice as any of the so called Cadillac cases. Believe me I think I looked at least at a hundred different ones before I finally found a case that met my storage needs. I work for an airline so we probably travel more than most people here do. So far it still looks and works like the day I received it. Nothing gets damaged. My needs were not met with any of the GPC cases, just not enough room. Price isn't any guarantee for quality. I think you are totally wrong with that opinion.
image.jpg

There are hundreds of Phantom Backpacks to choose from? Have you actually tried the GPC one?

Glad you like the one you have, but my opinion has yet to be totally wrong.

View attachment 16579
There are hundreds of Phantom Backpacks to choose from? Have you actually tried the GPC one?

Glad you like the one you have, but my opinion has yet to be totally wrong.

I looked at their website and unfortunately for them they didn't make one that met my requirements.
As a result I kept on looking and found exactly what I needed. Top quality and 1/3 the price. It may not be a Cadillac in name, but lets call it a Chevy that has all the options. I could have easily afforded a GPC backpack if I thought it would have worked for my needs. I bet if I put a GPC sticker on mine even you would like it. So put me down in the column that says just because something costs more, it isn't necessarily better. Different strokes for different folks...

The vanguard uprise Ii 48 is a great backpack for transporting a phantom. Very well made and comfy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl