Backpack modifications

Reaction score
One of the most common and inexpensive water resistent backpacks is this model (also comes in black and navy blue). $25 US from China of course (eBay). It fits all models of Phantoms as long as you modify it. In the second photo you can see my 3 modifications.

1 - Made space for P3S Controller.
2 - Made a hole the size of props. I can fit 8 props in here.
3 - Spray painted one battery slot so that I quickly know where I've placed the spent battery.

I've used this here in Canada in the snow and it keeps the Phantom dry.

Attachments

• 1456610207973.jpg
    1456610207973.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 453
  • 1456610227342.jpg
    1456610227342.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 492
Reactions: Andy Thomas
What happens if you have more than one used battery?

Its a serious question.

The quick power button press battery LED charge indication works for me.

Nice setup there...... and it doesnt look like it has a drone in it, that can be handy in some situations.

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
What happens if you have more than one used battery?

Its a serious question.

The quick power button press battery LED charge indication works for me.

Nice setup there...... and it doesnt look like it has a drone in it, that can be handy in some situations.

Thanks! The white spot in the bag is for two types of batteries:

1. A battery that shows 4 LEDs but you know has less power as you may have used the battery in the drone earlier without the motors running (i.e. checking/installing updates or adjusting drone settings).

2. A battery that shows less than 4 LEDs.

If I get more than 1 battery in the above situation I then just place it in the next hole (below the white).

One thing I would highly recommend you do is to sew the top should strap where it meets the case. The should straps _will_ pull out unless this is done.

I labeled my batteries and then labeled the slots for them. So I just remember what battery number I used (or I press the power button quickly). This also allows me to match up the battery with Healthydrones.

20160228_084809.jpg

20160228_084749.jpg

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
On batteries I just reverse them in the slots as I use them. Right side up ones are full, upside down are discharged. Always double-check mine with a quick tap of the button to confirm.

On batteries I just reverse them in the slots as I use them. Right side up ones are full, upside down are discharged. Always double-check mine with a quick tap of the button to confirm.

Good method! You must have a large case with large battery holes. Unfortunately both of my backpacks (two different brands) have holes only large enough for batteries to go in one way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel