Back buttons on the P4P controller

Reaction score
I discovered that if one accidently presses the left button, the Go4 App shrinks. At first I thought the app had crashed, but I found that the window on the Tablet was still open, I clicked it and it came back, but took a few seconds to fully recover. This happened three times, the first time I shut down the app and restarted.
I really thought the app had done something bad when it updated hours before the flight. Then while I was flying among tree trunks in the park, I was repositioning my hand, when I felt the click and the app again disappeared.
I brought the P4P back in front of me and brought the app back by clicking on the shrunken app, it came back. I was able to duplicate this, so I think it is a real issue. Of course this is not a problem, you can program this button to do something and it will stop this. BUT, it make me wonder if many times this is what has happened to others, thinking the app is crashing?:eek:
I don't know if all controllers are this way, but it is easy to check, just start the thing and press the button and see it the app disappears.:)

So, lots of looks but no comments? Hoped someone else had experienced this or considered this behavior a possible cause for many situations that appears to be happening to some

How are the C1 and C2 buttons set up in DJIGo4 app? Mine doesn't do what yours is doing but I have the pro+ so it could be different from an android or apple phone or tablet.

Yours must have been set to toggle to map. There are a few modes you can set the buttons to.

Attachments

• Button-Customization-DJI-Go-App-Drone-1024x576.jpeg
    Button-Customization-DJI-Go-App-Drone-1024x576.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: HighTechPauper
How are the C1 and C2 buttons set up in DJIGo4 app? Mine doesn't do what yours is doing but I have the pro+ so it could be different from an android or apple phone or tablet.
That is likely, the built is screen probably acts differently.

Yours must have been set to toggle to map. There are a few modes you can set the buttons to.
I think so too, but who would have set them, others don't seem to have this particular setting? I have never set them, so they are as I got them. This still leads to the question, how many others have the same setup and have seen the App shrink and think it crashed?

I will set my buttons to remove this, maybe to move the gimbal or nothing until I decide. Thanks for your input.

I gave the left button configured to change the gimbal position to either straight forwards or straight down and the right button to show the map - it doesn't look like the app is shrinking, it just expoands the map window to full screen - that's how it's meant to work. There are other options/functions you can program to those buttons as well

I gave the left button configured to change the gimbal position to either straight forwards or straight down and the right button to show the map - it doesn't look like the app is shrinking, it just expoands the map window to full screen - that's how it's meant to work. There are other options/functions you can program to those buttons as well
Well, that is right for the map window, it should fill the screen with map, more or less, not shrink the APP.
But I ask, if this happened to you, would you not think the APP just crashed? If you restore the window, it takes a little time to return to normal, if it does.

Just checked, my buttons were both on Camera Function I believe, so no idea why the button shrinks the APP. But I changed it to Camera Up and Down and the other to Battery condition. Next time out, I will see if the problem still occurs.

maybe it's down to the processing power of your tablet as to how well the transition between the two windows works. Have you got another device you can test it on?

maybe it's down to the processing power of your tablet as to how well the transition between the two windows works. Have you got another device you can test it on?
Doubt it, the Tab S3 is pretty powerful, if it can't do it, we're in trouble!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl