Autumn in a beautiful alpine valley

Reaction score
This was filmed few days ago and the colours were just right.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Chipmun2
Nice video. You can reduce the prop wash effects by, 1. Flying slower, 2. using lower ISO

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Nice video. You can reduce the prop wash effects by, 1. Flying slower, 2. using lower ISO

I understand how using a lower ISO would affect a regular camera. Images with rapid motion would be blurred.

How exactly would that eliminate prop visibility, which are already going too fast for the frame rate to capture?

I was thinking that flying slower would be far better, but I liked the general appearance of the video at the speed that it was recorded. How practical is it for video editing software to take a slow recording and speed up by a certain percentage? (I'm not at all skilled in video editing)

EDIT: it also occurs to me that the operator needed to fly fast so as to cover the desired terrain and still have enough battery to complete his circuit. Life is full of compromises; we seldom get everything we want.

Last edited:
That was some lovely terrain. I am reminded daily of how large and diverse our world is, and beautiful it all is.

I'm no longer a young person and I remember the days before the digital world brought communication, information, and wonderful photography to the common man's fingertips. Your video is a reminder to me of how much the world has improved in the last 50 years.

Thanks for the comments!
Yes, I could fly slower but it was not an extreme speed anyway. Usually at such speed traces of propellers have not been seen. I think this appeared because the props were in an exact direction to the sun and make very bright reflections into the camera. However that sequence with props in a visible angle is speed up twice time so the real speed was slower.

Andy you did an excellent video. The props visibility didn’t bother me. If it was made intentional to add to the affect that was fine. I love the timing of the tree color. It was a great mix of color. The color was done beautifully and not overly bright. It gave me a pleasant feeling watching the scenery go by. The mix of trees, rocks, green valley and sky gave such contrast. I always like that, in seeing the feeling or a texture of the area. Your creativity near the end with such subtle changes from flying to driving and the nice stills made a good presentation. I hope your wife enjoyed the beautiful day with you?
Hvala vam!

I understand how using a lower ISO would affect a regular camera. Images with rapid motion would be blurred.

How exactly would that eliminate prop visibility, which are already going too fast for the frame rate to capture?

I was thinking that flying slower would be far better, but I liked the general appearance of the video at the speed that it was recorded. How practical is it for video editing software to take a slow recording and speed up by a certain percentage? (I'm not at all skilled in video editing)

EDIT: it also occurs to me that the operator needed to fly fast so as to cover the desired terrain and still have enough battery to complete his circuit. Life is full of compromises; we seldom get everything we want.

There are times when using a higher ISO that you actually catch "the reflection" off the props instead of the props themselves (experience)

Andy you did an excellent video. The props visibility didn’t bother me. If it was made intentional to add to the affect that was fine. I love the timing of the tree color. It was a great mix of color. The color was done beautifully and not overly bright. It gave me a pleasant feeling watching the scenery go by. The mix of trees, rocks, green valley and sky gave such contrast. I always like that, in seeing the feeling or a texture of the area. Your creativity near the end with such subtle changes from flying to driving and the nice stills made a good presentation. I hope your wife enjoyed the beautiful day with you?
Hvala vam!
Hvala tudi vam, lep pozdrav!

There are times when using a higher ISO that you actually catch "the reflection" off the props instead of the props themselves (experience)
Don't know why you think about high ISO. There was enough light for normal (low) ISO. Must check it out.

Thanks for the comments!
Yes, I could fly slower but it was not an extreme speed anyway. Usually at such speed traces of propellers have not been seen. I think this appeared because the props were in an exact direction to the sun and make very bright reflections into the camera. However that sequence with props in a visible angle is speed up twice time so the real speed was slower.
I used to have a similar problem when I had a P2 with a Gopro that had a much wider field of view than current Phantom cameras. When flying into the sun, the props would cause a shadow as they cut through the sun light. I made a sun shade out of a plastic cup. Think of it as an elipse cut in half, which I velcroed to the camera. I know there are sunshades you can buy.

This was filmed few days ago and the colours were just right.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great video, I love these autumn shots..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic