AutoPilot

Reaction score
Is it worth the $29.99?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wondering this too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you have iOS it's very much so worth $29.99. I'd buy it again.

It's a great app, worth every penny.
Work through the tutorials a couple of times because it seems a bit daunting at first, but once you try it, it's really very easy.

Reactions: terrylowe
Did you buy the autopilot. If so how is it. I was wondering myself if I should get it

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is it better than the Litchi App? I was thinking of getting it for the waypoint feature.

Wondering if it will work with the P4? Thinking of purchasing it for my P3P but not if I have to pay again for the P4 version if I decide to upgrade.

Yep, my Border Collie is my sidekick when I fly. She prefers the Frisbee though. LOL

I wanted an app to do some POI vids of her playing Frisbee and it looks like the AutoPilot might be a better choice than Litchi. Just need to read up on how you work them.

Have you done any aerial footage like that yourself?

My Aussie has slowed down considerably, he is almost 11. I have just done a few shots from above of him and my wife, nothing fancy. I am still steep into the learning curve, only had this P3P for about a month. I have only scratched the surface as far as the possibilities with this thing. Just purchased AutoPilot so I am looking forward to expanding my abilities. I may see a P4 in the near future...LOL!

Autopilot is a great app well worth the price ,I also have Litchi for IOS but prefer Autopilot. Lots of features.

Back to the topic: The first time you use Autopilot for a paying job, your increased skill level as a pilot will allow you to capture photos or video that is not possible with 2 sticks and fingers moving dials on the RC, PLUS your investment will be paid for from that day forward. If you are wanting to impress friends & family what your aerial camera is capable of...YOU WILL. The basic capability by DJI go app using the "F" flight mode is just that....BASIC. I have had one of my favorite sessions utilizing Autopilot by never starting my P3P props...I positioned it on a block wall aiming at a rolling hillside, autopilot engaged with "Black Box" and "continuous photos" allowing my manual camera settings to fire 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20, 30 second intervals of the sun rise against the hill, compiling these stills into a time lapse video.

Reactions: snowghost
IMHO, this app is definitely worth the $29.99. I can't compare to Litchi, since I haven't used both.

I set up a waypoint mission around a property we just bought, changing the altitude and camera focus direction to catch all the angles and views. I plan to run the mission periodically as we build our new house, and then edit the set of videos to produce a time lapse of the project by cross-fading between them. I think the end result will be very cool, well worth the $29.99 (well, technically plus the cost of the Phantom, but I would have bought that anyway).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl