Autopilot and DJI's GEO fencing

I've just read that if your running version 1.6 u cant unlock any areas yet.
Only if u have the beta 1.7 version you can do this........
What a joke......
Can I downgrade my firmware ?

I've just read that if your running version 1.6 u cant unlock any areas yet.
Only if u have the beta 1.7 version you can do this........
What a joke......
Can I downgrade my firmware ?

The thread that I posted and procedure is supposed to make it like nothing happened. My personal belief is that DJI did not intend for 2.5 to enable geofencing for all users, just the ones on the beta 1.7. I think whatever server thing they did will resolve it but I have not seen confirmation....

Did you have a live internet connection when you were connected to the Phantom 3 in GPS mode? Some people fly in airplane mode, in which case you would not have a internet connection...

Hope it works for you,
Nick

My personal belief is that DJI did not intend for 2.5 to enable geofencing for all users, just the ones on the beta 1.7
Totally agree!!.... it's another reason why I don't auto update the apps - if it works fine and changes don't really benefit me or fix a specific issue I'm having, then I'll continue using the one that already works until the newer one has stabilized..

You did this while you had an active internet signal? You need to be connected to the Phantom 3 in GPS with active internet signal....then I guess you need to restart the app....maybe try it a bunch of times...I am very curious since I live in a yellow zone as well...
Yeah was in back garden close to WiFi.
My iPad 2_mini was connected to internet and drone was in the green 14 satellites. Then it said NFZ

Yeah was in back garden close to WiFi.
My iPad 2_mini was connected to internet and drone was in the green 14 satellites. Then it said NFZ

That is very disheartening...did you try it recently? I am hoping the fix was recent...sorry to keep bugging you....It also said you had to restart the app...

Oh how I love a good mystery! Clues and guesses and searching and stressing! I'm leaning towards DJI not intending to have released the update to all users. But who knows?! Back to the book!!

Oh how I love a good mystery! Clues and guesses and searching and stressing! I'm leaning towards DJI not intending to have released the update to all users. But who knows?! Back to the book!!
Lol all the amber zones are gone now and I've got one massive red zone.
I have raf wallop airbase in middle of the red zone but its miles away

Attachments

• 1452639523861-1927355383.jpg
    1452639523861-1927355383.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 256
Lol all the amber zones are gone now and I've got one massive red zone.
I have raf wallop airbase in middle of the red zone but its miles away

hmm, not familiar with that area but there were in place before some red zones that you could not fly in. The new update seems to have locked people our of areas they could fly in before the update. Perhaps it is has at least been setback to prior to 2.5...anyone in the area know?

Getting back to autopilot... Do you think that the beta firmware update will independently geo fence regardless of the app used? I would think it would have to in order to prevent someone from using autopilot around the White House (for example.)

Well problem is that my house resides in a no fly zone though with unlocking the NFZ on there website every so many hours I can actually fly it. Problem living with a military base in the vicinity but before couldn't fly at all without the new firmware

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik