Autopilot 2.0 out now

Waypoints were never promised for this release. They will be in the next release.

Autopilot has been available in the App Store since March 21, well over 5 months before DJI GO with intelligent flight modes was released. Version 2 (which supports the P3 and Inspire 1) has been ready since June but was delayed because DJI did not release the firmware which supports the SDK for those aircraft until yesterday. We released version 2 one day after the firmware was released, and we are the first third-party iOS app to support this.

I was going to buy your product until I seen no waypoints. I don't understand why you did not give that option. It can not be that difficult to implement it. Others have been doing it for months.

As an example if you compare DJIs POI with the Autoflight Logic Orbit the most basic mode. DJI allows you to orbit a point you first fly to. AFL in its most basic mode allows the point in which you orbit to either be your location using the GPS of your device or a point set on a map within the app. If you step up to intermediate level within AFL you get access to settings to define what you focus on while orbiting, this can be one of 5 things and means you can orbit one thing while focusing on another including what you move your finger over on the iPad or iPhones screen. If you step up to Advanced then you can use offsets, to use their example if you are in a boat with someone water sking behind the boat you can have the orbit track the water skier by having it focus on you plus the offset set to their distance from you.

The other nice thing with orbit is I use it rotate around me and the family when walking for example, so its like a rotating follow me and because it is using GPS and altitude from my iPad or iPhone the camera is always pointing at us.

Same with zip line. Set one point at one end of the beach, the other point at the far end. Set the subject to the iPad or iPhone and have it zip up and down the beach while walking, riding, driving a car even.

Tutorial videos would have been great from launch but their flight school / manual is excellent, have a look Flight School - Autoflight Logic

I beta tested version 2 and as you can tell I am pretty happy with it!
Actually that sounds rather interesting! Guess I'll try it :)

Looks good, I would buy just for the zipline. I need to video soccer training sessions. Zipline back and forth would be perfect for this.. Heck for what the bird cost, backpack, extra props and batteries.... iPad what's another few dollars.

Reactions: huntjock
You don't need Zipline to go back and forth. With a 5 minute setup you can use DJI's waypoint for that. 'What's a few more dollars?' This app, By all appearances, is counting on that kind of mindset and that really bothers me. They could have at least bundled all of the modes for a reduced price.

I was going to buy your product until I seen no waypoints. I don't understand why you did not give that option. It can not be that difficult to implement it. Others have been doing it for months.

English isn't that difficult, yet you seem unable to write it.

The app creator said waypoints are coming. Relax. I suspects it's harder than you think.

The reality is in-app purchases sell better than up-front pricing.

Please consider a pro version that is a one time flat price that includes all current and future modes/upgrades. Or a one time in app purchase to purchase all modes.

The reality is in-app purchases sell better than up-front pricing.

This. I would rather pay a lower up-front price and be able to add what I need via IAP than pay for all of it at once at a higher upfront price. Would I like everything for free? Of course - who wouldn't. But I'd rather pay and have it exist than not pay and not have the app exist.

As an example if you compare DJIs POI with the Autoflight Logic Orbit the most basic mode. DJI allows you to orbit a point you first fly to. AFL in its most basic mode allows the point in which you orbit to either be your location using the GPS of your device or a point set on a map within the app. If you step up to intermediate level within AFL you get access to settings to define what you focus on while orbiting, this can be one of 5 things and means you can orbit one thing while focusing on another including what you move your finger over on the iPad or iPhones screen. If you step up to Advanced then you can use offsets, to use their example if you are in a boat with someone water sking behind the boat you can have the orbit track the water skier by having it focus on you plus the offset set to their distance from you.

The other nice thing with orbit is I use it rotate around me and the family when walking for example, so its like a rotating follow me and because it is using GPS and altitude from my iPad or iPhone the camera is always pointing at us.

Same with zip line. Set one point at one end of the beach, the other point at the far end. Set the subject to the iPad or iPhone and have it zip up and down the beach while walking, riding, driving a car even.

Tutorial videos would have been great from launch but their flight school / manual is excellent, have a look Flight School - Autoflight Logic

I beta tested version 2 and as you can tell I am pretty happy with it!
Does autopilot zip line have the ability to go back and forth indefinitely or does it end when it reaches point B

You can click fly to A or Fly to B indefinitely
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441807944.502639.jpg

In basic mode you can press Fly to Point A or Fly to Point B, in advanced mode you can set the percentage point between Point A and B with a slider so for example if you are tracking a soccer game and its the kickoff you can slide that thing up to 50% and bingo it'll fly to the middle of the zip line looking at the center of the pitch.You can zip line up and down until your battery runs out ;-)

Screenshots below - the black background denotes this is in the flight dashboard mode. If you used an iPad you would have these options on the left and the map and video feed on the right.

Basic Mode

IMG_2958.PNG

Advanced Mode

IMG_2957.PNG

Ha, beat me to it. I really need to figure out how to insert smaller screenshots!
Haha! I had forgotten about advanced features. I haven't used that since before they split out the screens to basic/intermediate/advanced. Somehow I've found myself just sticking to intermediate since I rarely need offset and P3 can't really use RC for focus or center. But zip line mode has more than the normal advanced features.

I'll buy it if it has waypoints. Holding out for that. so, all features, with waypoint 55 bucks? I'm betting another 5 bucks for waypoints? I've never paid that much for anything istore related. Get your money while you can now but consider as soon as more SDK development comes online, your price point will detract from the decision. I also understand R&D...but still.

I'm waiting for the waypoints. All the other stuff, while nice, can be accomplished with the the go app in some form or fashion..... and you don't have to leave the go app to get it done.

Last edited:
20€ for follow mode and 5€ per additionnal feature ?

Waw, that app must be fancy :)

I usually don't mind paying for the software i use, but i don't know i feel something is going wrong there ...

20€ for follow mode and 5€ per additionnal feature ?

Don't rule out focus mode which comes with the base purchase - i love that mode, its almost like a controlled 3DR SOLO selfie ;-)

Which on a serious note is one factor I took in to account. I really liked the idea of the 3DR SOLO and would have probably bought one if a) it was any good but depsite that I may have still considered it if it was not for b) Autopilot zip line is a great cable cam c) focus is a great selfie d) they're hinting at more in the future e) the Phantom 3 is a great platform.

For me they saved me over a thousand pounds.

But yes, if it was not for the fact it would upset the people who already just purchased it perhaps they should have done a launch day sale.

I wonder if the app will take advantage of the new split screen coming to iOS shortly ??

First off, thank you to Auto Flight Logic for putting out this app. I'm sure it was a huge undertaking getting this off the ground, testing it, and getting it approved by the app stores.

Any 3rd party reviews yet?

Reactions: TacAir42

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj