Autonomous Waypoint Navigation and Camera Control with the FreeSkies Copilot

I have a concern that the app may control the bird and not allow user intervention.

Can the pilot take 100 % control from the app/bird at any time while the app is running waypoints?

I have a concern that the app may control the bird and not allow user intervention.

Can the pilot take 100 % control from the app/bird at any time while the app is running waypoints?

Although I can't speak for the developer of this software - the SDK is designed to allow autonomous navigation via waypoints and hotpoints but does not disable input from your controller; in fact the SDK doesn't allow for control of the controller joysticks (with the except of gimbal pitch). So in theory if you set a waypoint/hotpoint and it's not going as expected - you would be able to take over manual controls at anytime via your sticks. I hope that makes sense.

Hi guys

Well done on your help in your development on the supplementary application. I can't wait to see what you guys are gonna come up with.

Please tell me that the iPhone 6 will also work?

Just joined and wishing you guys best of luck!

Alfred from Pretoria South Africa.

Although I can't speak for the developer of this software - the SDK is designed to allow autonomous navigation via waypoints and hotpoints but does not disable input from your controller; in fact the SDK doesn't allow for control of the controller joysticks (with the except of gimbal pitch). So in theory if you set a waypoint/hotpoint and it's not going as expected - you would be able to take over manual controls at anytime via your sticks. I hope that makes sense.
It does make sense to me that would be how it is supposed to work. However, I'd like to hear from the developer to verify that's how it's programmed, and tested to work.

I'd love to be able to use the software as it appears it is being designed, and expect significant improvements. My concern is, I have [as we all do] a significant investment in the P3P and all the other associated expenses for it. I'm just a little reluctant to put that investment at risk without some guidance from the developer.

Thanks Joe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj