Australian p4p optimal setup

Reaction score
Hi I’m based in central Queensland in Australia. I have just bought a p4p with an titan atlas range extender. I purchased a drone to fly over my cattle property to check waters, fences ect. I flew her out as far as I could go and got to around 3km. I was really hoping to go further. I have no hills though we do have trees. Also it’s been fairly windy, around 10mps could this affect my range? Also say I climbed on the roof would that increase range?.

Thanks guys

You really need a clear LOS connection to maximize distance. Trees will block signal. If the atlas setup supports 5.8, try that. I get over 4 miles using 5.8ghz in FCC mode with a windsurfer installed on the antennas.

Reactions: kipper123
Hi I’m based in central Queensland in Australia. I have just bought a p4p with an titan atlas range extender. I purchased a drone to fly over my cattle property to check waters, fences ect. I flew her out as far as I could go and got to around 3km. I was really hoping to go further. I have no hills though we do have trees. Also it’s been fairly windy, around 10mps could this affect my range? Also say I climbed on the roof would that increase range?.

Thanks guys

Fly higher for better range.
I get 3ks out of a stock P3P at 400 feet (120m)

Reactions: kipper123

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94