Australia RePL

Reaction score
Hello Experts

I am a holder of a CASR 61 Licence( Flying aeroplanes) .
Unde rthe rules, I get exemption from the RPAS theory lessons.
All I need to demonstrate 5.0 hrs of documented practical flight hours.
Has anyone taken the CASA RePL flight test without going through the flight school?
The rules says 5.0 hours (practical )
Any feedback highly appreciated.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

Hello Experts

I am a holder of a CASR 61 Licence( Flying aeroplanes) .
Unde rthe rules, I get exemption from the RPAS theory lessons.
All I need to demonstrate 5.0 hrs of documented practical flight hours.
Has anyone taken the CASA RePL flight test without going through the flight school?
The rules says 5.0 hours (practical )
Any feedback highly appreciated.
Yes, the regs allow this, but IMHE good luck finding a "local" CASA flying ops officer who has a delegation for anything, let alone RPAS (and believe me, under "cost recovery" you can't afford for some Canberra FOI to come and watch you). Any enquiries to local CASA staff result in advice to "call 131757, we don't know (or want to know) anything about drones". They are quite happy to handball any real work to industry delegates so they can hide in the silo, dream up unworkable legislation, avoid decision making, collect their 15.4% super and/or plot their climb up the greasy public service promotion pole. You will probably have to call the CASA call centre and take your chances as to whose voice message box you end up talking to; there is allegedly an RPAS flight ops section in there somewhere who will "return your call". You might get lucky and talk to someone who knows something about UAVs!
I speak from 20+ yrs GA and airline experience as a flight examiner and high cap HOFO. Dealing with CASA has gotten increasingly difficult and decreasingly useful over those two decades. Some of the best FOI's and examiners I have known have all walked away:
"Ding-ding-ding".... Master Warning...Total Sense of Humour Failure........

Reactions: Gagey52
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .👍

Reactions: dronesky
Welcome to the forum from the NT. In the same boat, had PPL, have 128 documented hours as an exempt pilot. Because of my remoteness have decided to bite the bullet and do the whole program. The only part I don’t have to do is the AROC.
Regards

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31