Art with a Drone?

Reaction score
A large part of my photography is on the art side to ultimately be shown in a gallery setting. I decided to play with my P4P2.0 to see what potential it has on the creative side of photography. The below is part of a body of work I'm shooting. It was submitted to display in The Royal Academy of Art Summer Exhibtion in London. It made the shortlist for final judging but because of the covid situation, I decided not to ship to London for final judging. It was my first foray in the art world with a drone produced image. I must say that I do love the fact that it does take folks a moment or two to figure out what they are looking at and subsequently try to figure out how I shot it. I don't think it screams drone shot.
waves10_20x30.jpg

Last edited:
I do a lot of drone photography and enjoy the abstract opportunities, as I see you do too. The potential for creative photography is on your end, the drone is just a tool. When done well, most people will not know what it really is they're looking at. Let's keep it that way.

redhills2.jpg

The potential for creative photography is on your end, the drone is just a tool. When done well, most people will not know what it really is they're looking at. Let's keep it that way.
I fully agree. It is only photography geeks who try to figure out how things are shot while most other people simply take in what they are looking at. Nice shot by the way.

Reactions: JeffreyS
Like! It is interesting.
I have plenty of such art photos made by the drone. However there is no need for the drone art photo to be unrecognisable in terms of what you are watching to.
I add here some randomly chosen photos just to illustrate this.

Attachments

• Snapshot_34cropfiltstrokesweb.jpg
    Snapshot_34cropfiltstrokesweb.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 242
  • snapshot3post.jpg
    snapshot3post.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 232
  • snapshot11oilcolofilt art.jpg
    snapshot11oilcolofilt art.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 240

Members online

No members online now.