ARGtek Range extender

Reaction score
Hi peeps i have just ordered from ebay the ARGtek range extender £50 (but is coming from the usa and should be with me around the 8th april) after us dollar convertion, these are supposed to be the new ones that come with 6 antennas.. I was really looking forward to this coming until i read a few of reviews from tinternet about how they didnt extend some peoples standard 3 in fact they were saying that they were getting worse range with them and that the stock antennas were better, so after having read all this i'm kind of hoping i havent just thrown away £50.

Since you purchased the item on eBay, you may want to check the sellers return policy BEFORE you open the package. Many vendors will accept returns, but be aware, some sellers limit refund amounts on electronic components if the package has been opened. You might not receive your entire amount.

I use an Itelite DBS on my r/c for my Standard. It has increased its range and distance considerably. Many have had good luck with the ARGtek, so research it a bit before you decide.

Either way, good luck and happy flying.

Hi peeps i have just ordered from ebay the ARGtek range extender £50 (but is coming from the usa and should be with me around the 8th april) after us dollar convertion, these are supposed to be the new ones that come with 6 antennas.. I was really looking forward to this coming until i read a few of reviews from tinternet about how they didnt extend some peoples standard 3 in fact they were saying that they were getting worse range with them and that the stock antennas were better, so after having read all this i'm kind of hoping i havent just thrown away £50.
Similar to these,,this set had 5 items,3 anttennas and 2x7 gain panels,,they gave me slight improvement,but yes cheap not work to good,better than original,,I tryed my p4 itelite panel and got out over 1km (record for this p3s),just working on the 5.8 for transmission,,bit glitching at that distance ,but can still see on screen,,you might find yourself buying more yet but they ok if on short flights,not happy with mine but get what you pay for
1554145035711873901712.jpg

Since you purchased the item on eBay, you may want to check the sellers return policy BEFORE you open the package. Many vendors will accept returns, but be aware, some sellers limit refund amounts on electronic components if the package has been opened. You might not receive your entire amount.

I use an Itelite DBS on my r/c for my Standard. It has increased its range and distance considerably. Many have had good luck with the ARGtek, so research it a bit before you decide.

Either way, good luck and happy flying.
Can you send a link or let me know where you got the DBS from? I got a lot of hits on google,dont know which one is right

Amazon.com: ITELITE ITE-DBS01_v.3 - DBS PHANTOM ANTENNA: Computers & Accessories

Got my kit from Amazon back in 2015. Still works great and much better signal strength over the stock antennas. Range is better too, if you’re into that.
Can I just ask you one more question? Today I tried to send my PS3 standard as far as it can go,and I got to around 320 meters before totally losing live feed and rth mode stopped working,drone was still listening to my commands,(left,right etc.) but I was scared it would crash so I turned it back. I was flying in a 'remote' area,close to sea,but not over it,nearest wifi or anyhing like that was atleast 800m away. I used a HTC U11,its not on the compatibilty list,do you think that could be the reason for only reaching around 320m?

I’m not familiar with the HTC U11, so I can’t really give you any feasible answers in that regard.

I’ve always lost video feed before the control feed on my P3S. It is just a weak video signal from the drone, and that is one of the issues facing the P3S. The DBS helps both signals, but I will always lose video feed before control feed even though the distance has increased.

As long as you have ‘control’ (left, right, etc as you said), you can still control RTH by toggling the S2 switch ( top left on the R/C) and bring the bird home as it’s programmed to do. If it loses signal from the R/C, or you turn the R/C off, the drone will initiate RTH on its own. Be sure to have the device programmed for the correct RTH altitude.

Altitude plays a big part in signal strength also. I’ve found that I will have signal dropout at lower altitudes, so on distance flights I am near max altitude of 400’ AGL. Hope this helps.

I’m not familiar with the HTC U11, so I can’t really give you any feasible answers in that regard.

I’ve always lost video feed before the control feed on my P3S. It is just a weak video signal from the drone, and that is one of the issues facing the P3S. The DBS helps both signals, but I will always lose video feed before control feed even though the distance has increased.

As long as you have ‘control’ (left, right, etc as you said), you can still control RTH by toggling the S2 switch ( top left on the R/C) and bring the bird home as it’s programmed to do. If it loses signal from the R/C, or you turn the R/C off, the drone will initiate RTH on its own. Be sure to have the device programmed for the correct RTH altitude.

Altitude plays a big part in signal strength also. I’ve found that I will have signal dropout at lower altitudes, so on distance flights I am near max altitude of 400’ AGL. Hope this helps.
Its not really about the HTC U11,its more about the fact thats its not on the list of compatible phones for this drone,so I thought you might have had exp or heard if using a non compatible phone can cause lack of range or live feed.
Thanks a lot for the all the advices,appreciate it,wish I could give you some advice on this matter but it looks like its not needed :)

No problem. Always glad to help. That’s what we are here for on the Forum.

If possible, maybe borrow a friends device, (phone, iPad etc) that is compatible and see if your signal or range improves. You may also want to start a new thread and ask if any others are using the HTC U11 with any success. Good luck. [emoji106]

No problem. Always glad to help. That’s what we are here for on the Forum.

If possible, maybe borrow a friends device, (phone, iPad etc) that is compatible and see if your signal or range improves. You may also want to start a new thread and ask if any others are using the HTC U11 with any success. Good luck. [emoji106]
Started a new thread,helped a lot,thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl