Argtek install

Reaction score
Hey gents!
I installed the Argtek the other day. When I did I left the old video antenna's in. Is there any reason to remove them?
Appreciate any replies!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

As far as I know most people take them out just to make it less cluttered. Shouldn't be an issue leaving them inside the RC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There's really no reason to take em out. Mine are still in an it's going a couple miles in polluted areas

I would remove it to ensure no chance of reflection or resonance from it as it is optimized for the same frequency.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

They aren't plugged in - they are just pieces of plastic when not plugged in and the connectors for argtek are outside of the tx - so it should be fine

Well, maybe I'll just leave it alone for now, haven't been able to get outta town to stretch her legs and test her since I installed it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

They may in fact aid connection range. Like a windsurfer they could in fact help to redirect signal. OK there is no curve to focus the RF but at least its in right direction.
The main point is to make sure the cable ends are insulated from everything, otherwise any inductance can lead to problems.

Nigel

I recently acquired a P3S with an ARGtek wi-fi extender installed. I have 2 (or 3) long antennas - a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz. When/where should I use one vs. the other? I install the flat panels on each end & a long antenna in the middle but am curious about the differences in frequency & how they should be used.

I've only flown it a few times & the big parking lot I use is fairly close to a very small airport so I can't get over 100' high due to the restricted air space. I don't fly in that direction anyway & need to find another large area for practice.

You have it set up correctly , the 2.4 panels on the outside and omni directional antenna in the middle with the kit you normally get a extra flat panel to replace the centre 5.8 ariel and this is for longer range flight as you need to pointed straight at the bird to keep contact but will give you more range but for normal flying use the omni directional long antenna as this sends the signal out in every direction for normal flying the panel antenna is only used for long distance with line of site

Use the flat panels on the outer and the long on the centre.

I had over 2000m with these in rural conditions and over 1000m in residential ......

The Airport will cause limits via the FW on the aircraft itself .... so do not confuse lack of range with airport NFZ ....

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20