Argtek install on P3S

Reaction score
Well, after destroying one controller trying to remove the original antenna, I understand I don't know when to leave well enough alone!

My question is this... Can the three wires be cut and spliced instead of messing with the connections?

I don't want to ruin another controller as well as the new antenna.

All help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Well, after destroying one controller trying to remove the original antenna, I understand I don't know when to leave well enough alone!

My question is this... Can the three wires be cut and spliced instead of messing with the connections?

I don't want to ruin another controller as well as the new antenna.

All help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!
I would think splicing those cables would be difficult at best. I've installed the Argtek antennas on my own controller and it was an easy install. Just watch a few of the youtube videos first and it should be a piece of cake.

I would think splicing those cables would be difficult at best. I've installed the Argtek antennas on my own controller and it was an easy install. Just watch a few of the youtube videos first and it should be a piece of cake.
Excellent question. All the videos I've seen never mention just splicing the wires. Why not?

It sure seemed simple enough to me when I watch the videos. Unfortunately I failed to realize the wires pulled up off the posts and broke one of the posts off. Now I hesitate to even split the case. And yes, the wires are thin, but I thought I may be able to shrink tube them after splicing and achieve the same results.

You’re absolutely right, I do believe it is coaxial. That answers my question about splicing.

Just ordered my new controller. It’ll be here on Tuesday. I think I’ll just play with it like it is for a while.

Aussie markD1969, I may try it again. And you’re right I’ll take my time doing it. At least now I have a little bit of understanding as to what to expect. Thanks to all who have replied!!

Aussie markD1969, I may try it again. And you’re right I’ll take my time doing it. At least now I have a little bit of understanding as to what to expect. Thanks to all who have replied!!
I preserved my original RC and modded a spare I bought for $75. Wasn't as hard as I imagined it would be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT