Argtek extender

Argtec antenna $40 on eBay..... no drilling or work on controller. Just remove old and fit the Argtec.

I went from 700m to 2063m with only Icarus change to power from CE to FCC 27dbm. Semi urban / rural environment. Where I was with controller on ground - I have my house with boosted WiFi, other properties with similar - made no impact on my connection.

My YouTube channel has the flight .... solentlifeuk

For me 1000m is the goal with steady reliable video and control. I have that now.

Reactions: Kunjaba007
One thing I am noticing .... the Controller battery is being used more ... the time between charges is less. I cannot say how much at this time - but I am noticing the LED's blinking in shorter time of use since fitting the Argtec.
I would not consider it a problem as Controller was good for 15 - 20 flights as stock.

Nigel

One thing I am noticing .... the Controller battery is being used more ... the time between charges is less. I cannot say how much at this time - but I am noticing the LED's blinking in shorter time of use since fitting the Argtec.
I would not consider it a problem as Controller was good for 15 - 20 flights as stock.

Nigel

I don't see how. Unless you run a magic power mod you shouldn't be using any more power

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is there a reason that when modifying the remote you have to remove the connectors from the Antenna instead of cutting and splicing in wire from new antenna?

Is there a reason that when modifying the remote you have to remove the connectors from the Antenna instead of cutting and splicing in wire from new antenna?

I mean, if you really want to splice it (it's a lot easier just to pop them in place and slap some hot glue in there)

So it is easier to pop them. I will try that first. I just didn't know if it was a bad idea to splice. I'm new to this.

To splice this would need extreme care and do you really want to risk it ?

You need to ensure you have best install to gain all the benefits.

Nigel

I don't see how. Unless you run a magic power mod you shouldn't be using any more power

I have installed Icarus software to up my power from 17 to 27dbm as another has rightly said.

Today I made a flight over the frozen river and area ... weather -15C with a wind chill of another -2C ... magic ! Fautless 1km range flying around with strong video all time ... very happy with Argtec system.

Video will be added once uploaded. It even has an interesting unusual soundtrack !!

Nigel

I have installed Icarus software to up my power from 17 to 27dbm as another has rightly said.

Today I made a flight over the frozen river and area ... weather -15C with a wind chill of another -2C ... magic ! Fautless 1km range flying around with strong video all time ... very happy with Argtec system.

Video will be added once uploaded. It even has an interesting unusual soundtrack !!

Nigel
-15 Celsius??

How was your batterylife or battery temp??
I have flown in -5 celsius max.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Nigel

How does that effect your battery life (the software mods)

Solentlife do you think having this setup is safe? I was doing some research and having the boosters emitting the signal my be bad for your heath.

I'm pretty sure no one has been French fried from one of these yet. It's not like it's a radio tower

Battery life ? It should be similar to USA levels as my power set is FCC levels.

People please don't make too much if this.

OK on the subject of -15C, did not notice any difference except a minute or so of message 'warming up' .....

Nigel

The video in -15C ......

Nigel

The video in -15C ......

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I have just bought an Argtek off UK ebay. I found that the wires to connect the 2.4ghz connections were only just long enough and pulled relatively tight to fit as opposed to the youtube fitting videos I have seen that have more cable length. How did you find yours ? I have fitted it all now but haven't had chance to test yet as fog/rain here at the moment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT