ARGtek 7dbi controller upgrade P3P

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am just wondering what are you thoughts and results on the ARGtek dual panel 7db remote upgrade...
I installed mine today took it for a quick flight and wasn't much impressed, I was only able to get 2km distance
and had to turn around as I was loosing signal...
I've never flown in that area so I am not sure if there was maybe lots of interference..
I'm gonna have to try that area with standard controller and the one modded with ARGtek to see if I do get a better reception..., flight was solid till about 1.5 kms and then downgraded rapidly..
anyone here with the same mod ?

thanks !

I installed the ARGtek antennas on my P3Standard, and was not impressed either. I removed them and installed the snap-on Windsurfer. ARGtek got me out to about 1,300 feet. But the windsurfer let me go out 2,090 feet. Might be able to go more if I tried. If I really need to go out farther, I use my P3P.

Hey guys,
I am just wondering what are you thoughts and results on the ARGtek dual panel 7db remote upgrade...
I installed mine today took it for a quick flight and wasn't much impressed, I was only able to get 2km distance
and had to turn around as I was loosing signal...
I've never flown in that area so I am not sure if there was maybe lots of interference..
I'm gonna have to try that area with standard controller and the one modded with ARGtek to see if I do get a better reception..., flight was solid till about 1.5 kms and then downgraded rapidly..
anyone here with the same mod ?

thanks !
I almost bought that one, but went Itelite instead. Completely satisfied. I have actually bought two of their antennas. DBS02 and MaxxRange.

ITE-DBS02 … for PHANTOM 4 / Phantom 3 Pro / Advanced /Inspire 1 / Matrice 100/ – DBS Mods

Reactions: Digdat0
I almost bought that one, but went Itelite instead. Completely satisfied. I have actually bought two of their antennas. DBS02 and MaxxRange.

ITE-DBS02 … for PHANTOM 4 / Phantom 3 Pro / Advanced /Inspire 1 / Matrice 100/ – DBS Mods
Hey Paul,
thanks for the link,
so what is the maximum distance you've flown with the DBS ? city vs country..
also does that require additional battery to power the antenna ?
I also have noticed the controller plastic studs that you secure the screws to the bottom part is like made out such a soft plastic,
the left side stud fell apart when I opened the controller, talking about really cheap plastic...

Hey guys,
I installed mine today took it for a quick flight and wasn't much impressed,

What were you expecting? This is not the 14db Maxxrange antenna. However I noticed a huge difference. My house is in a hole so to speak. I couldn't fly .15 miles from my house without loosing signal on the stock antennas. Now I can fly and shoot through the trees and still have 100% signal. I am easily going .25 miles with no loss of signal with trees and being at a lower elevation.

From doing a little digging around the stock antennas seem to be 3db gain. If you go to 7db then in theory you should double your output. At 14db like the Maxxrange DBS it stands to reason you can get around 5-6 miles easy. If you get 2-3 miles out of the AGRTEK I would say that pretty good. It's definitely an improvement over the DBS. It's also less obtrusive and lower profile.

From doing a little digging around the stock antennas seem to be 3db gain. If you go to 7db then in theory you should double your output. At 14db like the Maxxrange DBS it stands to reason you can get around 5-6 miles easy. If you get 2-3 miles out of the AGRTEK I would say that pretty good. It's definitely an improvement over the DBS. It's also less obtrusive and lower profile.
I get 4.8 km on stock antennas without the windsurfer, so I was expecting something similar with maybe less signal loss...
getting only 2 km out of that is sad, not worth the upgrade if you consider going farther...
Maybe it does penetrates better through the trees at short range...
I will give that another go this weekend at my usual range test location ...
I got 2 controllers one modded AGRtek one standard antennas..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic