Are these drones any good

As @Meta4 said, modern machines are much more advanced now. You can get a Phantom 4 Pro which uses the same style controller, and same style bird, for a couple hundred more. The camera in the P4P is outstanding and it has enhanced obstacle avoidance.

Reactions: The Springs
Phantom 3 4K
Selling on eBay brand new for $759 and people are selling second hand ones for $1000
View attachment 99832
The P3S is solid. P3 4K has all of the features of the Phantom 3 Standard, but it also does 4K video recording, comes with the much more advanced (iPad friendly) controller and has vision positioning.

If 2.7 K is good enough for you (as it is with many people), look around for a new or refurbished P3 Standard. Should be within reach for about half that price.

If you have $599, you can have a refurbished P3 Professional with Lightbridge and 4K.

Last edited:
Thanks for advice, where would you find refurbished drones? eBay?

Above replies are spot on ...

To be honest in my view - the P3-4K was a stop-gap version to try and bridge the starter Standard to the Advanced / Pro versions. I really cannot see the point of it when P3 Pro versions are out there for same money.. in fact less if you are willing like I was to buy 2nd hand.

The Adv and Pro versions of the P3 are far better than the P3-4K .... apologies to 4k owners but that's my opinion.

Where to find ? Local adverts, Craigslist, etc. Mine was via local advert ... I was able to meet, test, fly, check the dat files etc. before handing over the money. I rec'd not only the P3P, but a hard case, extra props, extra battery etc. For less money than you say for the P3-4K

Nigel

Yip for me the p34k was a lemon,big headed kiwi thought he make it better,done argtec range Wana be booster (rabbit ears)got a extra 100ft,waste my money on that,got so sick of the rth and wifi issues with it , it now lives in a box with bad stress cracks under motors and only just over 10 flights,,some might have trouble free issues with p34k but I was not one of them,,;),

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I’ve done some research and I think the p3 advanced is the best value for me, I can get a refurbished one with warranty for $700.

Reactions: Simbo
Sorry, didn't see where you said you were outside US

I do not understand why people do not put their location in the box to left .... it really helps others when advising / helping / sourcing gear.

Nigel

Reactions: Phill2
Drone nerds is a great store to buy refurbished DJI products. I have zero problems with their refurbished products.

Got my P3P from Staples a few months ago, 799.00 with backpack, extra battery, SD card, I`m new to, feel like a baby.;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT