Are there any good Android tablets?

Reaction score
That are as good as my iPad Pro, the reason I wan switch to Android because I recently became a No Limit Dronz client and they have a Go app for Android only which disable DJI from being able to see what your doing by spying on you thru you using the their Go4 app, so are there any issue free droid tablets that folks can recommend....

Thank you

That are as good as my iPad Pro, the reason I wan switch to Android because I recently became a No Limit Dronz client and they have a Go app for Android only which disable DJI from being able to see what your doing by spying on you thru you using the their Go4 app, so are there any issue free droid tablets that folks can recommend....

Thank you
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. 10.5 inch. Had to buy a 3 dollar extention since it is a little tall to fit in the stock bracket. Really big screen so I can see all that data and the video feed.
Never had a problem connecting either.
Good luck with that program...will have to check it out myself.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. 10.5 inch. Had to buy a 3 dollar extention since it is a little tall to fit in the stock bracket. Really big screen so I can see all that data and the video feed.
Never had a problem connecting either.
Good luck with that program...will have to check it out myself.

Thanks , I went with a gaming tablet a Nicosia Shield K1 16 FB it’s going to be used strictly for flying , the seller has a 30 day return policy so I can see how it does , I was using a iPad Pro 10.5 which was flawless except that DJI get transcripts of all you flight records and I’d rather not have that

I was using a iPad Pro 10.5 which was flawless except that DJI get transcripts of all you flight records and I’d rather not have that
Where did you get that silly idea?
If DJI got transcripts of all your flight records when you fly with an iPad, they also would when you fly anything else.
But the fact is that DJI don't get transcripts of all your flight records unless you chose to upload your flight data to their servers yourself.

Thanks , I went with a gaming tablet a Nicosia Shield K1 16 FB it’s going to be used strictly for flying , the seller has a 30 day return policy so I can see how it does , I was using a iPad Pro 10.5 which was flawless except that DJI get transcripts of all you flight records and I’d rather not have that
You might want to check to see how dji could get that data. When using my Tab S, there is no way it can transmit data since it is not on the cellular network. When I connect to wi-fi, I would have to manually send data....and I don't.

If DJI got transcripts of all your flight records when you fly with an iPad, they also would when you fly anything else.
But the fact is that DJI don't get transcripts of all your flight records unless you chose to upload your flight data to their servers yourself.

No they won’t , Nolimit drone has a hack for the go app but it’s android only which relays nothing back to DJI

I trust what nolimitdrone says , they removed the nfz from my bird and Altitude limits, I tried the altitude limit removal while in upstate ny I took it upto 3200’ and I still had 75% battery remaining , and a spot I use to fly at for years had a nfz slapped on it that’s why i bought NLD, the altitude flight was a one off cause of where I was

• Sad
Reactions: Oso
You might want to check to see how dji could get that data. When using my Tab S, there is no way it can transmit data since it is not on the cellular network. When I connect to wi-fi, I would have to manually send data....and I don't.

Believe what you wish , and I shall do the same

"Requirements of using NLD – Windows 7,8 or 10. We also give you the ability to patch your own GO app, and open up more options and to limit data connections back to DJI. This app is only for Android, called NLD GO. While you can use stock GO, either iOS or Android, if your model is supported by NLD GO, we highly encourage you to use that instead of GO that you get from the itunes or Google play store. Do I have to use NLD GO? Can I continue using what GO app I have now? Yes, of course. Just remember that the NFZ removal may be overridden by the use of stock GO at any time, since you have a direct connection back to DJI, and they can remotely lock your drone and/or force any update. This can’t happen with the use of NLD GO on supported models. We cut off DJI access to your bird. Ok, enough….let’s get on with using NLD to mod your bird "

Nuff said......

If you want to fly 3200 ft up, I'm not going to assist.
But you are confused.
DJI don't get to see your flight data unless you send it to them.
We cut off DJI access to your bird. Ok, enough….
DJI have no access to your drone when you are out flying.
How could they? Your controller signal has a range of only a few miles.

If I remember right this started with your firmware being not able to roll back,,,,I nearly went down this road but choose not to,,these days there are rules ,what's at 3200ft ,you making yourself a target if something should happen,yes I think too you need to read up on flight data, if you sync your flights sure dji can see but if you dont they know nothing more than we do..good luck watch for planes and wind at height and fly safe

If you want to fly 3200 ft up, I'm not going to assist.
But you are confused.
DJI don't get to see your flight data unless you send it to them.

DJI have no access to your drone when you are out flying.
How could they? Your controller signal has a range of only a few miles.

I’d never fly that high around here I I was up in the boonies of ny state when I did that, my main reason was to roll back my firmware before it had a NFZ for where I fly at ,I’m at 1.01.0203 and at every start up I get a pop-up saying “inconstant firmware would I like to update “ flying with their tweaked NLD go app I’ll be blind from DJI and all their silly pop-ups all the time, wind warnings, annoying low battery warning.......that’s all I just want to fly in piece at or under 400’ and wherever I like and I’m not talking near and airport or anything .
I think they made the place I use to fly at a NFZ because of a nearby chemical company on the bank of a river....
I just noticed the typo before it’s a Nvidia shield K1, I hope it works good it has 1920x1080 plus a hdmi port , it’s a gaming tablet so it should be able to handle the Go4 app

Last edited:

Where exactly in Nicosia is this?Because I’m also in Nicosia [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I replaced my NVIDIA Shield K1 (dated technology-couldn't keep up) for the Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5", 64GB, Black (Wi-Fi), which also has a external SD card capability (if you're a screen recording person). It's camera features a Video Recording Resolution of UHD 4K (3840 x 2160)@30fps. Weighs only 0.88 lbs (400g), BIG (9.65" x 6.30" x 0.22"). Flawless performance. It has many features, however, I only have programs/apps necessary for drone flying. Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5, 64GB, Black (Wi-Fi) Tablets - SM-T720NZKAXAR | Samsung US

Reactions: KachemakDiver
I have an Ellipsis brand. It was a freebie with a Google phone, but works well. It's just slightly larger than the iPad Mini I was using before a repair on my P3A. I had to do some creative trimming on the sun hood I had for the mini, but it works. After the repair, changing it to a P3P, the iPad didn't work very well anymore, forcing the change, but the Ellipsis Android is working fine.

No good android tablets, better to use a android phone
There are plenty of very good Android tablets.
I replaced my NVIDIA Shield K1 (dated technology-couldn't keep up)
The Nvidia K1 was a good tablet ... when it was released back in November 2015.
Nowdays the DJI Go 4 app needs more performance.
I replaced mine two years ago with more modern tablets with 4GB of RAM.

I have huawei 8" T3 which has very good battery life, 9hours, that has been very good for me this last 14 months of recreational flying. I am careful to wear dark single colour jumper to reduce glare & try to stand in shade. T

There are plenty of very good Android tablets.

The Nvidia K1 was a good tablet ... when it was released back in November 2015.
Nowdays the DJI Go 4 app needs more performance.
I replaced mine two years ago with more modern tablets with 4GB of RAM.

Agreed I tried with the Go app and the tablet couldn’t handle the App, so I bought a Galaxy S6, it’s has 6 gb of ram , they also make one with 8 gb of ram but they go for about $200 more

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic