Apps for the iPad Mini?

Reaction score
My tablet arrives today. I ASSUME I can go ahead and download the DJI pilot app (even if I can't do anything with it till the P3A arrives).....are there any other apps I should be looking for?

Yep -- it's okay to install it and look around. There are no other apps for the Phantom 3 right now.

My tablet arrives today. I ASSUME I can go ahead and download the DJI pilot app (even if I can't do anything with it till the P3A arrives).....are there any other apps I should be looking for?

Most definitely, poke around and get a good feel for it. You'll be able to get into everything without a unit hooked up.

I'm going to cop out and go with that Nvidia Shield, as it has GPS. Thanks for the input though.
Cop out? I'll take an SD card slot and HDMI out natively any day of the week... And plan to once my bird ships.

Cop out? I'll take an SD card slot and HDMI out natively any day of the week... And plan to once my bird ships.

I was talking to one of the guys at UAV-Outlet yesterday and he said the Shield wasn't on the supported list (though it uses the proper Android OS). Is there anything I should be particularly aware of when using the Shield?

I was talking to one of the guys at UAV-Outlet yesterday and he said the Shield wasn't on the supported list (though it uses the proper Android OS). Is there anything I should be particularly aware of when using the Shield?
No, tons of Inspire pilots are using it, so it definitely works.

The only thing keeping me from getting the Shield over the Ipad Mini 2 is the lack of the flight simulator in the android version of the DJI app. Not sure how big a deal this is but as a fairly new pilot, I need all the help I can get.

ok so I just bought the ipad air 2 cellular and am going to use it exclusively for my phantom 3 advanced.. besides the DJI GO app which other apps are recommended. I really do not need a bunch of stuff I will not use as Ihave an i phone that will do all the other stuff i need. any suggestions?

Reactions: Mike Mauk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic