Apple lightning to HDMI cable to FS V3

Reaction score
Will using a apple lightning to HDMI cable on my P3P to my FAT SHARK V3 goggles bypass having to use a DJI OSD mini and having to buy the DJI HDMI module? I would have the standard controller back, which is the USB and mini USB. I would come out of the controller from the USB to the apple lightning to HDMI cable which I believe also has an input for another lightning input then to my IPad 4 mini. Not sure if the configuration would work, if yes it would save me and a bunch of others all the money having to buy a OSD mini along with the HDMI module for the back of the controller. $40 bucks versus say $160 $100 for the module and $60 for the OSD mini both from DJI. All of you smart and experience flyers out there I'm sure have some insight on this issue because I already purchased the HDMI module but can easily return it, and would be happy to return it if this configuration will work. So please help with your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Unfortunately iOS devices have only one lightening port and you can use them as input or out put port. They can't do both input and output operations at a time.

If you connect USB source to lightening port and run DJI Go app fir example, you can't use that port to output any other signal.

Apple provides lightening to hdmi cable which has a USB like port too but that port is just to provide power input to iOS device when you are getting hdmi stream out. This is to help watch a two hr movie and still keep iOS device charged.

So if you want to use a $30 goggles on a iOS device, run Litchi app and go for VR display and mount that device on to your goggles. You will see fpv. The only restriction will be that you can't see normal maps etc. To have two views simultaneously you need another port on RC controller which you get thru hdmi module.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Will using a apple lightning to HDMI cable on my P3P to my FAT SHARK V3 goggles bypass having to use a DJI OSD mini and having to buy the DJI HDMI module? I would have the standard controller back, which is the USB and mini USB. I would come out of the controller from the USB to the apple lightning to HDMI cable which I believe also has an input for another lightning input then to my IPad 4 mini. Not sure if the configuration would work, if yes it would save me and a bunch of others all the money having to buy a OSD mini along with the HDMI module for the back of the controller. $40 bucks versus say $160 $100 for the module and $60 for the OSD mini both from DJI. All of you smart and experience flyers out there I'm sure have some insight on this issue because I already purchased the HDMI module but can easily return it, and would be happy to return it if this configuration will work. So please help with your feedback.

Yes and no! I tried using the Apple lightning adapter that sported both a lightning and a HDMI socket. Plugged the cord between the adapter and my controller, my headplay into the hdmi and the lightning cord into my i-pad. Got hdmi output to the headplay, but no video to the i-pad. Seems the lightning cable is just for charging and does not pass video. Good idea though....I was hoping this was going to be a cheaper way for users in my area. I have modified both a P3P and a P4 with the hdmi mods and love them!

thanks for the feedback, I was just looking into alternatives to all the other more complicated and expensive ways of getting FPV.thx again for the input.

Unfortunately iOS devices have only one lightening port and you can use them as input or out put port. They can't do both input and output operations at a time.

If you connect USB source to lightening port and run DJI Go app fir example, you can't use that port to output any other signal.

Apple provides lightening to hdmi cable which has a USB like port too but that port is just to provide power input to iOS device when you are getting hdmi stream out. This is to help watch a two hr movie and still keep iOS device charged.

So if you want to use a $30 goggles on a iOS device, run Litchi app and go for VR display and mount that device on to your goggles. You will see fpv. The only restriction will be that you can't see normal maps etc. To have two views simultaneously you need another port on RC controller which you get thru hdmi module.

Well explained ..+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic