App shut down in the middle of flight

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this was my tablet and not the p4 or litchi. While flying today I kept getting a message saying could not charge due to battery temperature. The only option I had was to click ok to get the message to go away. I have a Samsung galaxy s2 tablet. Which is a pain to connect with when using litchi or dji go. I have to go into developer options and change usb connection from mtp to rndis and hope it changes. Sometimes it changes to charge and that is what happened. I thought it would be ok because it had connected and i would just click ok on the warning. WRONG, after clicking ok for about 4 times it shut litchi down and returned to the home screen. I couldn't get litchi or dji go to load up. I'm sure glad return to home worked! Just thought i would post my experience incase someone else is using a tab s2. Make sure usb connection is not set to charge!

I couldn't get litchi or dji go to load up. I'm sure glad return to home worked!
Even if the app or your tablet crashes, if your controller still has connection (green light) you still have full control.
And if all else fails, switch off the controller and your Phantom will initiate RTH

Looks like RTH saved you..not fun when that happens.

I'm not sure if RTH saved his drone. He was flying with Litchi so not sure if he was flying a mission. If this is the case, even if Litchi crashes, mission will continue and if the final action is land, it will on its own.

I'm pretty sure this was my tablet and not the p4 or litchi. While flying today I kept getting a message saying could not charge due to battery temperature. The only option I had was to click ok to get the message to go away. I have a Samsung galaxy s2 tablet. Which is a pain to connect with when using litchi or dji go. I have to go into developer options and change usb connection from mtp to rndis and hope it changes. Sometimes it changes to charge and that is what happened. I thought it would be ok because it had connected and i would just click ok on the warning. WRONG, after clicking ok for about 4 times it shut litchi down and returned to the home screen. I couldn't get litchi or dji go to load up. I'm sure glad return to home worked! Just thought i would post my experience incase someone else is using a tab s2. Make sure usb connection is not set to charge!

I have the same tablet and have never had any problems like you have had. When I connect the tab to the RC , the first thing my tab does is show the % of charge in the battery. I then power the tab up and go to the Go 4 app. It opens and all is fine!
I am running Android 5 and not 7.

I think part of the problem with the tablet maybe android version 7. I had litchi and dji go installed and found when i removed one or the other it would connect a lot easier last night. I had tried this before the last firmware update and it didn't make any difference. Maybe the new firmware fixed the problem as long as you don't have both apps installed at the same time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl