Anyway to add Audio Recording?

Reaction score
Simple enough question. I know the bird is pretty loud but I'd lik to experiment with sound recording. Are there any decent options?

Reactions: Starrfire
Strap a microphone on.
Really you won't hear anything interesting with a microphone right under the four fans.
Look at youtube and find a video of a P2 with gopro and the audio recorded by the gopro should cure you.

I tried an experiment, hanging a Tascam DR-05 off the controller. It picked up good quality sound, which I synced to the video in post-processing, but the P3 doesn't have to be very far away before the sound drops off in volume considerably. It's a weird effect when your point of view is with the craft, but your point of hearing isn't. I'll stick with music!

Reactions: Akrosfer
I'm also interested in capturing audio. Ideally with a directional mic (pointing down) or noise cancelation. Has anyone attempted it?

Depends what you want to hear, the best solution is to have a portable recorder and microphone at the place that is emitting the sound. So..if you are recording video of a wedding for example, have the recorder on the groom himself and sync in post production.

Saw some great online vids from older P2's with GoPro at a monster truck rally in Florida. They had a great soundtrack of the roaring trucks and people talking & cheering.
Turns out they had someone on the ground walking around with a digital recorder getting lots of soundtrack samples then added it in in post. As they do in real movies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav