Anything I need to check?

Reaction score
It has been about a year since I last flew my drone - LIFE™ got in the way. I am in Alberta Canada and the weather is ... colder and hovering right around the 0 degree Celsius range. My P3 - 4K has only been flown maybe a dozen times since purchase.

I have been recharging the batteries to full every couple of months and have the auto discharge set to bring them back down to 50% after a period of time. I have fired up the drone without props indoors but done nothing with calibration of the IMU or the compass (indoor compass calibration not so good anyhow right?)

Think I am all good to go with a close-by gentle flight for testing purposes and then if that goes well take it out for a good long flight? Any sage advice before I go out once more to battle the Red Baron?

Calibration isn’t a cure all as some think. Leave that part out unless you see in the sensor section of the app as the indication that something needs attention. You’re right on the test fly.

Batteries and controller on charge now - hopefully I will not dump it into a tree or ground. I am thinking a wide-open farmer's field might be an ideal area for that first flight to get my wings back working again.

Thanks for the advice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers