anyone use FPV booster app?

flyNfrank said:
Prowler said:
TheloniousMac said:
I used it and since my Phantom took a swim it's the only proof I have of my battery failure.
The App itself is like $10 then another $10 for the FPV in this demo.
The flight logging is another $5 however it retains the data from the last flight which showed my last flight.

Where do you get this app for android. In the play store I see PFV Booster but it is version 2. I can not find V3 like I see in the videos some have. Who is the maker of this app? I have the PV+ V3

Pretty sure it has not made it to the android market yet. There is a app called Vision Pilot that is very similar in android. The owner of that app is not known for being very descriptive about his apps. Be sure you read what he does have at least twice though. Don't forget you have the option to refund if need be.

any chance to help us make it more descriptive?

Irepairapples said:
Just bought the fpv camera Can't seen to find the Ground station on the app ?

Ground Station is not included in this app. I don't use ground station, so in my case, I have not missed it, but others who do, might. TheFVP Booster app makes very good use of google maps however.

I've used the new FPV Booster app now and like it a lot. Trouble is, you have to buy the FPV Booster, the FPV Camera and the Flight Tracker. All together everything comes in at just over $20.00, and you can't buy FVP Camera, and Flight tracker, without first buying the $8.99 FVP Booster for V3.

BTW, I am using this with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision, non plus, but with the RE 700 range extender, and the latest remote control transmitter with the wheel. So it will work if you have the RE 700.

Flight Tracker is nice. It tracks and logs your flight telemetry from each flight, or more accurately, each time you start up the motors. Which brings me to some of the features of the suite that I like.

1. Option to automatically start video recording, and the flight tracker as soon as you start up the motors.
2. Option to set the number of satellites you want to acquire prior to takeoff from <6 to <7, <8, <9 if you desire.
3. A visible "insufficient satellites" message in the center of the screen, which does not go away until at least your <6 satellite acquisition occurs.
4. Battery percentage and time left on the battery at the current demand at the bottom of the screen, and at the top, the same satellite count and battery percentage indicator like in the Vision app.
5. 80/20 split screen with FPV and google maps view, the so called "Navigation Map" mode. Option to go full screen, full map, radar map.
6. Identifies on the screen's top left corner, what flight mode you're in from NAZA. Whether it's GPS, ATTI, Fail Safe or whatever else you set your S1 switch for.
7. WiFi wand, helps you to orient the transmitter and antenna for your strongest signal.
8. Auto Booster, indicates FPV Booster activated automatically upon turning on motor with Normal or Smart booster options.
9. Vertical Speed Indicator.
10. Pilot/Home Distance displays "Exceeding Pilot/Home Distance message when Home/Pilot distance exceeds the limit you set.

All in all, it is a very feature rich suite, but not cumbersome. Just as easy to use as the Vision app, and enough similarities between the two to make the transition a lot easier.

Vas Deferens said:
Ground Station is not included in this app. I don't use ground station, so in my case, I have not missed it, but others who do, might. TheFVP Booster app makes very good use of google maps however.

I've used the new FPV Booster app now and like it a lot. Trouble is, you have to buy the FPV Booster, the FPV Camera and the Flight Tracker. All together everything comes in at just over $20.00, and you can't buy FVP Camera, and Flight tracker, without first buying the $8.99 FVP Booster for V3.

BTW, I am using this with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision, non plus, but with the RE 700 range extender, and the latest remote control transmitter with the wheel. So it will work if you have the RE 700.

Flight Tracker is nice. It tracks and logs your flight telemetry from each flight, or more accurately, each time you start up the motors. Which brings me to some of the features of the suite that I like.

1. Option to automatically start video recording, and the flight tracker as soon as you start up the motors.
2. Option to set the number of satellites you want to acquire prior to takeoff from <6 to <7, <8, <9 if you desire.
3. A visible "insufficient satellites" message in the center of the screen, which does not go away until at least your <6 satellite acquisition occurs.
4. Battery percentage and time left on the batter at the current demand at the bottom of the screen, and at the top, the same satellite count and battery percentage indicator like in the Vision app.
5. 80/20 split screen with FPV and google maps view, the so called "Navigation Map" mode. Option to go full screen, full map, radar map.
6. Identifies what flight mode you're from NAZA. GPS, ATTI, Fail Safe or whatever else you set your S1 switches for.
7. WiFi wand, helps you to orient the transmitter and antenna for your strongest signal.
8. Auto Booster, indicates FPV Booster activated automatically upon turning on motor with Normal or Smart booster options.
10. Pilot/Home Distance displays "Exceeding Pilot/Home Distance message when Home/Pilot distance exceeds.

All in all, it is a very feature rich suite, but not cumbersome. Just as easy to use as the Vision app, and enough similarities between the two to make the transition a lot easier.
Glad to know both FPV Camera and Flight Tracker work well on Vision (non-Plus).

10959233_558772587558885_2540314427396355284_n.jpg

When Home point is locked and shown explicitly at correct location on the map, it means you are safe to takeoff. It's easier than checking slow flashing green LEDs on the aircraft, or showing LED status in the DJI app (if it ever works). "Insufficient Satellite" is just a custom warning message, and I usually set it to <7.

You may turn off Auto Booster option, as it will not work on Vision (non-Plus) even with RE700 range extender.

PVFlyer said:
Vas Deferens said:

4. Battery percentage and time left on the battery at the current demand at the bottom of the screen, and at the top, the same satellite count and battery percentage indicator like in the Vision app.
6. Identifies on the screen's top left corner, what flight mode you're in from NAZA. Whether it's GPS, ATTI, Fail Safe or whatever else you set your S1 switch for.
10. Pilot/Home Distance displays "Exceeding Pilot/Home Distance message when Home/Pilot distance exceeds the limit you set.

Glad to know both FPV Camera and Flight Tracker work well on Vision (non-Plus).

10959233_558772587558885_2540314427396355284_n.jpg

When Home point is locked and shown explicitly at correct location on the map, it means you are safe to takeoff. It's easier than checking slow flashing green LEDs on the aircraft, or showing LED status in the DJI app (if it ever works). "Insufficient Satellite" is just a custom warning message, and I usually set it to <7.

You may turn off Auto Booster option, as it will not work on Vision (non-Plus) even with RE700 range extender.

Interesting.

Yes, the circled "H" icon on the Google map, and to the right side of the screen in Navigation Mode and the other modes, which shows the home point is a great feature and easy to read and use.

bbfpv said:
Great. now how about an android version?

With as many Android devices out there, and as feature rich as this suite is, I'm thinking that an Android version of this app would have to be on the horizon.

I used the FPV 3.1 booster app for the first time yesterday and was satisfied it. I hit the wall at 4920 feet because of the Naza distance limits I neglected to change but that isn't the apps fault. Probably something to do with the way I preloaded the maps but didn't see anything unusual during the preload but every time I start the app I have to expand the map portion of the dispay with repetitive finger exercises to get down to the local detail. Also the map doesn't scroll when I fly beyond the border unless I manually scroll it. Shouldn't I be seeing the green line indicating course traveled on the radar map and shouldn't the green line change colors as signal level diminishes? Does the green line changing colors reflect the control signal (5.8ghz) and wand reflect video (2.4ghz)? Also what is the rocket icon next to the wand and how does it work? When you arrive at the fringe areas of reception what is typically your first indicator and can you use the wifi wand to fine tune the direction you point the radio? Flight tracker and Find my phantom did an excellent job of recreating the flight

Attachments

• 20150226-DSC00837.jpg
    20150226-DSC00837.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 415
Yes seen it after a posted that there is no ground station but it's a very good app and I like the wifi wand is good just what I was looking for as I have upgraded antennas and when the phantom gets out to 3000 feet I just don't know we're to point it but do now I all so have the RE 700 with phantom vision, non plus will give it a good test when the weather gets better

UgashikBob said:
I used the FPV 3.1 booster app for the first time yesterday and was satisfied it. I hit the wall at 4920 feet because of the Naza distance limits I neglected to change but that isn't the apps fault. Probably something to do with the way I preloaded the maps but didn't see anything unusual during the preload but every time I start the app I have to expand the map portion of the dispay with repetitive finger exercises to get down to the local detail. Also the map doesn't scroll when I fly beyond the border unless I manually scroll it. Shouldn't I be seeing the green line indicating course traveled on the radar map and shouldn't the green line change colors as signal level diminishes? Does the green line changing colors reflect the control signal (5.8ghz) and wand reflect video (2.4ghz)? Also what is the rocket icon next to the wand and how does it work? When you arrive at the fringe areas of reception what is typically your first indicator and can you use the wifi wand to fine tune the direction you point the radio? Flight tracker and Find my phantom did an excellent job of recreating the flight

Are you referring to the green line and course traveled in the Flight Tracker? I don't think that the green line indicating course traveled on the map in the Flight Tracker changes color.

If you look at the post by PVFlyer showing the first screen shot in his post, the green line from where your IOS device/RE 700 is changes color from green to yellow with green indicating the strongest signal, yellow "medium". If it makes it from yellow to red then your signal is weak.

Move the RE and transmitter antenna accordingly to make that line as green as possible.

If you look at the post by PVFlyer, you can see that green line in his first image showing the home point denoted by the circled "H", the position of his iOS device/RE 700/Transmitter, denoted by the blue circle, going from green to slightly yellow at it's uppermost area. The red arrow of course indicates the aircraft.

That line is off to the right of the aircraft. Orienting the antenna and hence the line directly towards the red arrow indicating the position of the aircraft should make that line "greener".

The rocket icon indicates that FPV booster is activated automatically upon turning on the motors.

bbfpv said:

+1 This question has been asked repeatedly over time as Android users wait patiently while the IOS version continues to grow in relation to what the App offers. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel regarding a time frame if and when the App will ever be offered to others who have chosen to go Android, PVFlyer.

Thanks in advance.

Vas Deferens:
Gotcha. Starting to sort this out. So the green line changing color is physical alignment or the pointing of your 2.4ghz wifi repeater antenna with the Phantom. If you see the line going from yellow to red shouldn't you at some point see a break up in video? I like the H in the circle implying IOC course and Home point has been set and you shouldn't leave home without it. Much better than trying to read the cryptic led's from a distance in sunlight. Ok with the green line understood what is the function of the wifi icon on the top row?
Should my map be at the detail level obtained when preloaded when you start the app and should the map expand as you travel?
Appreciate your input.
Bob

UgashikBob said:
Vas Deferens:
Gotcha. Starting to sort this out. So the green line changing color is physical alignment or the pointing of your 2.4ghz wifi repeater antenna with the Phantom. If you see the line going from yellow to red shouldn't you at some point see a break up in video? I like the H in the circle implying IOC course and Home point has been set and you shouldn't leave home without it. Much better than trying to read the cryptic led's from a distance in sunlight. Ok with the green line understood what is the function of the wifi icon on the top row?
Should my map be at the detail level obtained when preloaded when you start the app and should the map expand as you travel?
Appreciate your input.
Bob

If it turns red, then video signal loss is probably not far behind. That's part of the beauty of it Bob. If your signal is starting to crap out on you, ie that line is green nearest to you, changing to yellow as its farther out from you and starting to get a tinge of red near the tip of it, then you can take the usual method of rotating the craft broadside to you to avoid ultimately losing control signal too PLUS aim your RE in such an accurate way towards your craft by aiming the line at the arrow representing the craft.

Also if you do happen to lose video before you notice any of the above, well then it eliminates having to guess and use trial and error with moving your RE and antenna orientation by moving your transmitter to get your signal back. You have a better idea as to how to orient it.

As you'll typically lose video signal before you lose control signal, you can see the practicality of the above.

The wifi icon seems to be just another way of giving you an indication as to the strength of your wifi signal.

I noticed my map in the 80/20 split screen view was in excellent detail, but didn't expand as I traveled, but my distance of travel did not extend beyond the Google map image displayed on the right side of my split screen. I only went out about 1000ft and that was well within the confines of the Google maps image at the right of the screen. I'm guessing that I could have gone out about 3000 feet signal permitting before I reached the end of the displayed Google maps image that I had for the area I was flying in.

Skynet1 said:
bbfpv said:

+1 This question has been asked repeatedly over time as Android users wait patiently while the IOS version continues to grow in relation to what the App offers. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel regarding a time frame if and when the App will ever be offered to others who have chosen to go Android, PVFlyer.

Thanks in advance.
We have been working on Android version, and it will take at least a few more weeks to release. We prefer to release a stable app instead of rushing out with full of bugs, though app crash is inevitable sometimes on mobile devices especially Android.

Vas Defernes:
I guess the solution to my map screen size issue is shrinking it to size that will work for your entire flight when you start. What I don't understand is why the map starts out at app init with about 1/2 of the world after using it several times at a local area level. A short set of instructions showing how to use the many features of this app would be very welcome.
Thanks again for your input.
Bob

UgashikBob said:
Vas Defernes:
I guess the solution to my map screen size issue is shrinking it to size that will work for your entire flight when you start. What I don't understand is why the map starts out at app init with about 1/2 of the world after using it several times at a local area level. A short set of instructions showing how to use the many features of this app would be very welcome.
Bob

No problem. Also I am hardly an expert when it comes to using this app, and no doubt someone who has more experience with it can give you more information on it than can I.

Here is another good video btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3vML_0kVMU

In it the Google maps view does appear to "expand" or lengthen the farther forward the craft travels. Perhaps this video will go a ways toward answering some of your questions and its also a good demonstration of the wifi wand.

You can see at about 1:12 of the video and at about 650 meters the line starting to take on a yellow orange color and red is imminent.

Around that 1:12 time, the wifi signal strength indicator at the top of the screen next to the rocket starts to diminish too and goes to one ring. But certainly being able to get an idea as to which direction you need to orient your RE and antenna, helps.

UgashikBob said:
Vas Defernes:
Bob
You may refer to the instructions in About > FPV Camera Feature for details. Each module (FPV Camera, Flight Tracker and FPV Booster) has Feature and FAQ sections in the About tab/button.

You may also refer the FB pages for easy reference.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-boos ... 0313529446
https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-boos ... 2492045228

Is there a way to lock the map so it doesn't continually spin like you can in ground station?

PVFlyer said:
ccase39 said:
Is there a way to lock the map so it doesn't continually spin like you can in ground station?
The map rotates based on the compass of your device (you/pilot). This is by design and the feature of auto-rotate map. If you don't spin, then the map would not rotate.
hm. mine spins if I am standing still and flying forward. It line will also turn with the map and will point away from the bird when the map spins.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4